Overeem vs. Jones at HW (3rdounds)

silverback781

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Overeem has had economical run with three wins. I think his wins are designed with a very Wink/Jackson approach. Consequently, Jones is "THE" design, and he executes the plan at hand. Do you think Jones could beat Overeem in a 3 round fight at HW?

Jones would need to seriously acclimate himself to heavyweight and get a few fights under his belt before he fought Overeem.

Dusting off that 8 year old account for this?
S
Sharp shot, and justified. Its been a while, but I've moved out of my mum's basement. I was watching some recent Overeem fights and I thought it was intersting. Do people look at other peoples accounts?

I just can't see Jones beating Reem in any way. Teeeeeerible match up... Turrrrible.

Jones would have to go full Kalib Starnes & hope the judges gave it to him.

Overeem is an awful matchup for him.

I think Jon Jones beats Cain dominantly but loses to Werdum, Overeem, Miocic and JDS (Id favor him against the rest)

Overeem, it'd be his fight to lose

Jones can't TKO him or take him down imo, and AO would low kick JJ to oblivion.

Overeem would wreck Jones

Overeem is a bad matchup for Jones. He already hurt him in sparring and he would do that in a fight again.

Without seeing Jones fight at heavyweight first, Overeem by demolition.

There are many guys Jones would be favorite over at HW but Reem isn't one of them.

Overeem by tko rd 2 (after a gruesome 10-7 first round beatdown, where Jones barely survives).

Jones via being better than overeem, and the people who have humiliated overeem.

Back