Fantasy UFC Fight: Joe Rogan vs...

DwayneUSA

USA! USA! USA!
Banned
Reaction score
Joe has trained for years and, like him or loathe him, he is a true student of mixed martial arts. Nobody can deny that he's in extremely good physical condition. If he were to step into the octagon, against an upper tier opponent, who would you like to see him fight? What weight class would he compete at? What would be his strongest attributes? How do you think he'd do?

Yes moderators, this is a bit of lighthearted thread, but I think we could all use a break from the intense, and often negative, discussions on sherdog of late.

Don't wasteland me bro :(

CM Punk. Since they'll both never fight, I think it's the truest type of fantasy fight.

Also 30-27 drug testing over Rogan in any event.

CM Punk. Since they'll both never fight, I think it's the truest type of fantasy fight.

I think that would be a very unfair fight.

Joe has been training for a long, long time.

CM Punk. Probably WW, unless Joe's "diet" precludes him from dropping that low. He's not very tall, though. I can't see Joe against a top tier guy even with his years of training. I would like to see him against an opponent he's got a shot at beating.

I think that would be a very unfair fight.

Joe has been training for a long, long time.

Literally the case with anyone CM Punk would fight unless they pick someone out of the crowd.

Joe has trained for years and, like him or loathe him, he is a true student of mixed martial arts. Nobody can deny that he's in extremely good physical condition. If he were to step into the octagon, against an upper tier opponent, who would you like to see him fight? What weight class would he compete at? What would be his strongest attributes? How do you think he'd do?

Yes moderators, this is a bit of lighthearted thread, but I think we could all use a break from the intense, and often negative, discussions on sherdog of late.

Don't wasteland me bro :(

I think he'd be competetive if he started@a younger age in MMA. But he's only 5'7" and way too buff to compete. He'd have to lose a lot of muscle and prolly compete at LW

Kimbo Slice, open weight, not in America. I say Joe murders him.

Let's imply that Joe Rogan doesn't do drugs then depsite being an advocate for marijuana and admitting to HGH use.

I'm not denying Rogan's admitted medical aging interventions.

I'm just saying that it's no fun to include that in our hypothetical discussion.

rogan would get ruined by any upper tier opponent. yea he's been a student of the game, but not a player on the field. Knowledge doesnt make up for experience. I know he had a lot of TKD and BJJ but thats not the same as actually fighting. That and he's like 50 and juiced to the gills and likely smokes like a tire fire.

Carlos Mancia in an openweight bout.
zzSDo.gif

OMG, Joe would choke him out in about 3 seconds.

Again, I said "upper tier" opponents.

Not bum scrubs.

Yea I know, but "upper tier" guys would destroy him, that's why they are upper tier and he is an announcer. Id actually be interested in seeing him fight professionals that are bigger in name than talent, like Kimbo or Punk. Seeing him against some of the washed up guys could be cool, like Shamrock or Gracie. If he was gona stand a chance against an "upper tier" fighter, it would have to be Cyborg or something.

rogan would get ruined by any upper tier opponent. yea he's been a student of the game, but not a player on the field. Knowledge doesnt make up for experience. I know he had a lot of TKD and BJJ but thats not the same as actually fighting. That and he's like 50 and juiced to the gills and likely smokes like a tire fire.

He trains and spars hard and he's done it for years.

I'm not so sure Joe would be a fish out of water against some upper tier fighters.

First we need to establish his weight class.

Anyone know what that could be?

The rematch the world has been waiting for

Back