Holm/Shevchenko is the main event over Rumble/Glover?

Glover-Rumble unlikely to go past 3 rounds. Apart from that, it should be main imo

Yeah why waste a five rounder on something that isn't going passed the second.

Rumble vs Glover should be a five-rounder for sure. It being a 3 round fight is a huge advantage to Johnson I would think.

Yeah Rumble x Glover should definitely be the main event considering that it's a title eliminator.

I'd be willing to bet more casuals know who Holly Holm is then who Anthony Johnson is. She did dethrone Ronda after all, I'm sure that's got something to do with it. Also, what's the likelihood Rumble/Glover actually needs those 5 rounds? It's much more likely that Holly/Val could get pushed into the 4th or 5th. I completely understand why us fans on Sherdog would rather have the Rumble fight headline but if you think about it, this move actual makes a bit of sense.

It's smart, considering the matchups....Two chick counter strikers need the 5 rounds.

Yeah why waste a five rounder on something that isn't going passed the second.

Probably, but even with that in mind this fight is guaranteed fireworks. It'll be a travesty if it goes to a decision that isn't totally one sided.

Rumble/Glover just seems like a no brainer main event caliber fight when it comes to a FOX card.

I'd argue Rumble/Glover deserve the main event more considering the importance of this fight in terms of their respective divisions too. Damn.

I'm no expert, but perhaps part of Holly's new contract she signed after beating Rousey had a clause in it concerning main eventing? Like she's guaranteed to main event a certain number of cards?

Probably, but even with that in mind this fight is guaranteed fireworks. It'll be a travesty if it goes to a decision that isn't totally one sided.

Rumble/Glover just seems like a no brainer main event caliber fight when it comes to a FOX card.

I'd argue Rumble/Glover deserve the main event more considering the importance of this fight in terms of their respective divisions too. Damn.
Its the peoples main event

I would love to watch 5 rounds of that shit. I don't think it would make 3 but the thought of the possibility of 5 is good enough. Absolutely way more importance than being 2nd in line to take on BW title after HondA

I would love to watch 5 rounds of that shit. I don't think it would make 3 but the thought of the possibility of 5 is good enough. Absolutely way more importance than being 2nd in line to take on BW title after HondA

^^^^^

Makes no sense to be 3 rounds other than they clearly want Rumble to win. A longer fight definitely favors Glover. This fight has huge implications in the division with the winner almost guaranteed a title shot (esp if its Rumble, though you coudn't really say Glover hasn't earned a rematch if he wins either). I dont think the UFC really wants Jones - Glover II though.

Two elite counter strikers need five rounds, rumble vs teixera doesn't need to be five.

Good call.

Holm is a bigger name than Rumble and Glover right now, sucks they couldn't have gotten a better fight for her though. Not hating on Shevchenko, I actually think she could pull it off, just think Holly should only be fighting top fighters right now.

I think Holly and Val will be a great fight, but I have a feeling the length might play a factor. Val seems perfectly sized to make an impact at FLW. Still a great fight for the women's BW division. Not at all a bad fight to put out there on a free card.

Back