What is your advice to DC in this 2nd fight with Jones?

true_fan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Mine, wrestle the hell out of him until you take him down and G&P the heck out of him that's if you really want to win.

What's you advice? May be he will listen and win.

Work on taking out Jones' legs. Movement is everything to Jones. Constantly be pressuring and stick to your gameplan.

I'm sure I'm not the best person in the world to give him and his coaches fighting advice, but I'd definitely tell him not to answer a question like "hey pussy, still there" with "yeah, I'm still here, Jon".

Don't fall for his insults and don't let him get inside your head. You want Jon to be miserable? Beat him at 200 and then he will fall. Hard.

giphy.gif

Enjoy the retirement, win or lose.

My advice: "Listen to your coaches instead of Sherdoggers."

Daniel Cormier, I hope you read this, because here is my advice.

Go old school Rampage from Pride days. Slam that fool Jon Jones through the mat, as hard as you can, every time you get your hands on him. Don't just take him down, but SLAM him down.

Bring Kleenex

Work on his MT clinch. Jones landed several hard knees last fight. Werdum also gave Cain some problems with the clinch.

Probably should keep the fight in the middle of the octagon. Jon uses the cage to defend takedowns as well as complete them. Stay busy.

Probably should keep the fight in the middle of the octagon. Jon uses the cage to defend takedowns as well as complete them. Stay busy.
You think DC has a better shot against jones at striking range vs in the clinch?

The clinch is Cormier's best friend.

In the first fight, Jon was most susceptible to damage when Cormier initiated the clinch near the center of the cage and did some dirty boxing. Cormier's upper body strength and his grip is his greatest asset.

1 - Stop dancing with fried chicken in his hands on a pink background.
2 - Stop trying to talk back to him, if he does so, go hard on the "ex-addicted" thing and get Jon angry. He'd lose the couple fans he has but yeah.
3 - If nothing works...
then
Run N*word, Run.

The clinch is Cormier's best friend.

In the first fight, Jon was most susceptible to damage when Cormier initiated the clinch near the center of the cage and did some dirty boxing. Cormier's upper body strength and his grip is his greatest asset.
Maybe we should twitter this guy because if he loses this time, he might have a complete nervous break down!

Ugly up the fight. Has to win the clinch fighting and slowly grind away at Jon. Pressure him nonstop.

Back