the moment you realize it's been near a damn decade since the last Pride event

McGangsta

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
in my head it's like them Pride vs. UFC wars is still going on

PRIDE never die.

20130321221332-22bf7388.gif

One of my favorite moments ever in the UFC is when they brought in Wanderlei to confront Chuck in the cage. Throw in Wanderlei's "fuck Chuck" comment and it was epic.

Lenne Hardt always brought some insanity to the intros. A lot can't stand it, but I miss it so damn much.

The highlight from Subfighter that made me become a huge Kawajiri and Gomi fan.

Robby Park's classic Saku HL

Lastly, the my favorite fight of all time, with the ref cam.

I was still a teenager and now I'm 27! :eek:

Fucking hell you're right it's been almost a decade... Jesus Christ time goes by fast, I miss it so much. Pride was still the golden age of MMA for me no matter what any Zuffa shills may say.

Can't also forget the organization that brought us an insane rivalry

Rampage making fun of Chuck

Bas and Kevin backstage prank (RIP Randleman)

Crocop prank on Mauro

I still think Fedor vs CC was one of the best examples of perfect game planning followed by a psychological crushing that I have ever seen. Fedor had so many amazing fights, but watching every single thing he did in that fight was just spectacular, you could see the wheels turning.

just go to San Francisco

I still think Fedor vs CC was one of the best examples of perfect game planning followed by a psychological crushing that I have ever seen. Fedor had so many amazing fights, but watching every single thing he did in that fight was just spectacular, you could see the wheels turning.

That I loved is seeing Fedor, of all people, confidently stand and willing to trade with Crocop. He threw a head kick at one point. The flipside was seeing Crocop go to the ground and hold his own against Fedor. Both fought a near-perfect fight against one another. I don't think I said a single thing the entire fight in a room full of people at my house that night. I was holding my breath, in awe.

Sad that an epic organization died. However, watching many having epic meltdowns, denials and spite over it was hilarious.

Sad that an epic organization died. However, watching many having epic meltdowns, denials and spite over it was hilarious.

The wound's still fresh. You don't have to go there.

FRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOM THE REEEEEEEEEED CORNEEEEEEEER
Once you hear it, it never goes away. Pride was balls even tho i could only watch it with my uncles. i wish i was older at the time and understood MMA better.

There were some things I miss about Pride (knees on the ground, the pageantry aside from Lenne, gloves with curved fingers that reduced eye pokes)

There were some things about Pride that I don't miss (the lame judging criteria, whole matchup judging, soccer kicks, stomps to a guy's face, no set brackets for tournaments)

It is what it is.

It had a better rule set imo. That's why I don't even care about bellator. It's just a ufc clone. At least pride had knees to a downed about and 10 minute first rounds. It was variety.

There were some things about Pride that I don't miss (the lame judging criteria, whole matchup judging, soccer kicks, stomps to a guy's face, no set brackets for tournaments)

It is what it is.

They are some of the best things FFS

The Unified System is a curse on MMA compared to the Pride methodology. Absolute fucking garbage system which has negatively altered the way fighters fight. Just total shit producing one brain-scratching decision after another. Round by round for a 3 round fight is fucking poison. If judges have the memory of a goldfish and can't keep a match constituting 15 minutes in their mind they deserve to be taken out the back and shot.

Back