Who's your pick to beat Lawler ?

UhVaiMorre

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
The welterweight division is stacked and everyone has a favorite fighter there and surely want them as champions, but Robbie is just fucking tough right now and im afraid those who are not his fans will have to deal with for a looong time. i am a Rory fan and already lost all hope on someone beating him, since the judges don't let it happen if depends on them. Who you think might do it ?

Who do you think might beat Lawler without having a war ? TWoodley ? Stephen Thompson ? 3rd Fight Rory (don't think this will happen) ? Demian Maia ? Conor McGregor (lol) ? the OG Nick (that fight would make a alooooot of money) ? Second Coming GSP ?

PS: i know a lot of you think Condit won, but that's not the discussion, who do you think might beat Robbie convincingly (Not by K.O. or sub only, can be a dominant win)?

uz2emrx0mxszlp5i11zx.jpg

I'd bet on Wonderboy, but I don't think he'll beat Rory MacDonald. So I still don't know.

No one, Lawler to be the next welterweight GOAT

To be fair I think Hendricks won both fight against Lawler and of cours Condit.

Looking forward to see him go 5 rounds with Nick tho

Wonderboy via TKO or Rory by decision depending on who wins in Ottawa. Lawler has been rocked in almost every title fight and I'd say WB has the accuracy to put him away where others didn't. As for the Rory rematch, I think he fights a bit more conservatively and tries to keep him on the end of his jab, front kick etc. while mixing in more takedowns (particularly in the 5th where Lawler gets aggressive).

No one, Lawler to be the next welterweight GOAT
I'm starting to consider getting used to his face as welterweight champion, usually that division doesn't have a lot of dynamic belt changes, even tho is always stacked with prospects and "future champions". Someone always finds a way to stay at the top and make a good amount of title defenses. Robbie could pretty much do it.

You dumbasses.....it's obviously CM Punk.

Wonderboy via TKO or Rory by decision depending on who wins in Ottawa. Lawler has been rocked in almost every title fight and I'd say WB has the accuracy to put him away where others didn't. As for the Rory rematch, I think he fights a bit more conservatively and tries to keep him on the end of his jab, front kick etc. while mixing in more takedowns (particularly in the 5th where Lawler gets aggressive).
Agree, Wonderboy can stop him, but is more of that "precision vs power" that is the new mma talk. Wonderboy can find good shots and all, but i don't think he'd recompose himself fast enough to stop an aggressive Robbie if he gets WB hurt somehow. Don't know how's that guy's chin but i don't see Robbie giving him all the space he needs. he'd have to find a way to make his style work.

Diaz or GSP can get the job done, clean.

Well, condit did but whatever i read your dumb shit.

Wonderboy gives him a good fight, but I see him having as much success as Rory did. Yeah, it was competitive and he could win, but I would favor Lawler every tie.

Maia would sub him in one.

Askren would take him down every round, possibly finish him late.

Palhares, it's like a 50/50 chance of, you know.

The St. Pierre we've seen most recently against him probably ekes out a decision like he did vs Hendricks, but nothing would be certain.

Otherwise, I don't think woodley has a chance.

Wonderboy gives him a good fight, but I see him having as much success as Rory did. Yeah, it was competitive and he could win, but I would favor Lawler every tie.

Maia would sub him in one.

Askren would take him down every round, possibly finish him late.

Palhares, it's like a 50/50 chance of, you know.

The St. Pierre we've seen most recently against him probably ekes out a decision like he did vs Hendricks, but nothing would be certain.

Otherwise, I don't think woodley has a chance.
Still valid to think Condit can beat him, i just don't know if that guy wants to keep fighting. That's why i didn't mentioned him

Yeah, I know that TS made it pretty clear that this is not the discussion, but I always need to mention it whenever someone brings up Lawler vs. Condit. Condit won. The decision was stupid and this was an immediate rematch case.

Thanks. And I'm sorry, TS. It's just stronger than me.

Winner of McDonald vs Thompson for sure. Rory gets another crack at him I think he can take it. Thompson just has the style. Woodley's going to get handled in my opinion.

Back