If only McGregor fought Cowboy instead.

Frank McEdgar

=====(SHERDOG)=====
@red
Reaction score
Less cash but a much safer fight with a pretty respectable win. And you wanna talk soft body. At least he would have fought a guy who can speak clearly...damn conor should swallow his pride now and push for a Cerrone fight. Still a bigger man with a big name

Donald has a good ground game and fantastic chin. Wound't be a easy fight for Conor IMO.

It+s+halo+4+they+released+a+beta+exclusive+to+ps3+_9625f3ec756f63e6d3b934d020c873ae.gif

Cerrone is no easy fight... He has a very slick ground game and much better kicks than Conor. Especially low kicks.

Also a height advantage and only 1 inch reach difference.

Cerrone is the man. He has a great work ethic & he loves what he does. But I don't see him doing well against Conor on the feet at all. But if it hits the ground anything is possible.

Yeah, I think that Conor chances would be bigger against Cerrone. Stylistically, Nate is a worse matchup.

But I think it's really, really unlikely that Conor will "swallow his pride" and to be honest, I don't get your point when you say that "at least he would have fought a guy who can speak clearly". What the fuck of a difference would that make?

Cerrone would have taken him down and tapped him like he did to his last opponent.

Cerrone is no easy fight.. He has a very slick ground game and much better kicks than conor, especially low kicks. Also a height advantage and 1 inch reach difference

If wishes were horses, I'd wish I didn't have a horse. I'd want a car instead, a car would be more practical.

I mean, what would I do with a damn horse?

Cowboy has a big edge over Conor in kicks, clinch, subs, and camp. He did get murked to the body by RDA, but Cowboy had to be wary of.RDA's takedowns that create openings for strikes. He'd have no such worry with Conor.

Cowboy would probably take Conor down and sub him.

Cowboy is a mental midget and has shown a few times if you can get in his head and outbox him his whole offence shuts down.When cowboy is on and works his kicks he is a fantastic fighter but he doesnt have the mental game.I could see Conor fucking with him mentally and cowboy going down and it being a tko

Cerrone would have made the leprechaun tap as quick as Nate did.

But Nate is bigger than cerrone, better boxing, better bjj, better endurance and doesn't break easy like cowboy. All that and Nate wasn't much bigger of a name than cowboy at the time

Cowboy has never been KO'd by being hit on the chin... He's taken some bombs from heavier hitters than Conor over the years, Conor won't KO him unless its with a body shot. And that's only because he had surgery and is missing a large part of his intestines/stomach.

Nate landed over 300 punches on Cowboy over 3 rounds and never even rocked him.

Nate hit Conor not even half that many times and put him on queer street.

Cowboy is a mental midget and has shown a few times if you can get in his head and outbox him his whole offence shuts down.When cowboy is on and works his kicks he is a fantastic fighter but he doesnt have the mental game.I could see Conor fucking with him mentally and cowboy going down and it being a tko
What's funny is he wasn't a mental midget against Nate. Didn't even panic wrestle even though a significant strike record was landed on his face

Just remember. Cowboys takedowns looked great in his last fight and Conor has the TDD of drunk bamby

But Nate is bigger than cerrone, better boxing, better bjj, better endurance and doesn't break easy like cowboy. All that and Nate wasn't much bigger of a name than cowboy at the time

I wouldn't say Nate is bigger. Cerrone is a huge 155er, has better wrestling than Nate who was able to take Conor down, much better kicks which Conor is very susceptible to, and Cowboy breaks easy? He's been finished twice in like 60 pro fights if you include his kickboxing bouts.

If Nate can single leg Conor, Cowboy would take him down easily. And from there he'd destroy Conor.

Honestly Conor doesn't beat any top 10 LW. He better get back on the coke and make 145.

Conor can hurt any LW, the hate is out of hand. Cowboy would oblige on the feet and either man could take it. Not an easy fight for anyone.
I think all the haters forgot that Nate didn't win easy. He had a fight on his hands and did great. I don't like McGregor but he ain't done

Back