Tim Kennedy interview on the Jocko podcast

Log Jammin

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Good interview with Tim on the Jocko podcast.

0:00:00 – Opening

0:02:52 – Tim Kennedy’s background / About Him

0:14:07 – Law Enforcement/Military Self Defense Improvements?

0:25:30 – Bayonet Training thoughts.

0:29:26 – Can you instill the will to Kill and Die in soldiers?

0:35:46 – Green Beret VS Navy SEALS?

0:41:47 – U.S. Rules of Engagement Bureaucracy. Women in Special Forces.

0:56:18 – Staying positive when the worst of humanity has been seen.

1:03:20 – How to start in Self-Defense

1:07:08 – SheepDog Response (SD Response) / About

1:14:13 – Influential Books

1:19:33 – Combatives with Full Kit on / multiple attackers.

1:21:31 – Range 15 (the movie) / Steroids in MMA/UFC

1:31:50 – Tim Kennedy making a UFC run.

1:34:51 – Importance of recovery from training.

1:38:39 – Best qualities/skills needed to be a soldier and Fighter.

1:42:22 – Advice for the Young Generation

1:45:33 – Final Thoughts

Only 10min on PEDs?
WTF?

The fact that an active duty Special Forces badass who fights in the UFC on the side still manages to somehow be one of the most disliked figures in the sport, never ceases to amuse me. It's almost an accomplishment in and of itself.

The fact that an active duty Special Forces badass who fights in the UFC on the side still manages to somehow be one of the most disliked figures in the sport, never ceases to amuse me. It's almost an accomplishment in and of itself.
I think the use of "military" is over blown. I respect you for supporting the country but honestly most people I know or have met that were military are not good people and are very hard to like.

I think the use of "military" is over blown. I respect you for supporting the country but honestly most people I know or have met that were military are not good people and are very hard to like.
I haven't had that experience at all, I know some really great, solid people who are or were military. It seems to be a group with good people & shitheads aplenty, same as any other group.

Yeah, its weird. Tim is very opinionated, and that tends to rub people the wrong way.

Tim Kennedy military and mma background don't mean shit, I can still whoop his ass...... in 1v1 on MW2 preferably Rust Map.

Yeah, its weird. Tim is very opinionated, and that tends to rub people the wrong way.

I don't think it's as much his message as it is his delivery. Some people have an ability to get their opinion across without sounding like they're preaching..... Tim isn't one of those.

It probably doesn't help that he's so full of himself and while being on the side lines he constantly bad mouths plenty of fighters. And two years later, he's still complaining about the Yoel fight.

Last edited:
Tom Kennedy first of all is not an active duty SF guy, he's in the Texas National Guard.

I've been in the Military for 25 years and I've worked in the SOF community for 16 years of my career, the demeanor Tim has is not uncommon with the SOF guys, it's an alpha male community and the constant posturing and dick measuring is the norm. That being said this is one of the reasons I'm so looking forward to retiring this summer, the behavior and sociodynamic gets old and once you hit a certain age you realize how fucking rediculous it is, everyone there knows everyone else is a highly skilled and tough, so why does there need to be constant posturing and alpha dog behavior? I dunno, but Tim is a product of his military environment and probebly really is a decent guy once you get to know him outside of his shell.

Not a man alive who rustles the dog like Kennedy. For that reason alone he has my support lol.

Tim Kennedy military and mma background don't mean shit, I can still whoop his ass...... in 1v1 on MW2 preferably Rust Map.
Lol. You play black ops wing? People tell me I look like Hendricks
download (8).jpg

Haa. Really? He reminds me of Bradley Cooper.
Lol yup. My last gf had a little brother who played COD non stop, he is the one who brought it up. Then when I told her and my friends about it they were like oh yeah you really do look like that guy lol.

I haven't had that experience at all, I know some really great, solid people who are or were military. It seems to be a group with good people & shitheads aplenty, same as any other group.

Jesus you are always spot on, it's just irritating at this point.

I've met plenty of good more than shitty I'm just saying that being labeled "military" doesn't automatically make you a real hero or even a good person.

Back