bjpenngoat

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Almeida
Yair
BArbosa is still on this list
Tumenov

so much great talent right now in the ufc, please name some more exciting young fighters.

463201802-lightweight-cody-pfister-poses-for-a-gettyimages.jpg

Sage.

And parsley and rosemary.

And thyme.

why is Barboza on the list? he is pretty established compared to the rest

the upcoming fight between Jake Matthews and Stevie Ray is between 2 of the best up and coming LW's imo, but theres a lot of good prospects. Id struggle to name them all

They don't get much younger than Paige, and Sage. Both are talented but have to be brought along slowly. With a logical progression in the level of talent of the people they fight.

Both have big holes. But work on those weak points, and imagine what you just MIGHT have a few years from now. I enjoy watching young fighters, and trying to predict where it may all lead. But mostly I just keep track to myself and look for improvements. I don't praise them or blast them in public.

There are many young fighters emerging and that number will grow every year. It's actually an exciting time for a young fighter. Put in the work and see where it goes.

Max Holloway. Great combo of youth and experience.

2a6nt6b.jpg

Michael Page, hes 29 but age is only a number so. Very exciting fighter if you ask me, in Bellator tho.

strickland, breese and till in the welterweight division
vick, mathews, case in the lightweight division
choi, ortega, yair in the featherweight division

why is Barboza on the list? he is pretty established compared to the rest

the upcoming fight between Jake Matthews and Stevie Ray is between 2 of the best up and coming LW's imo, but theres a lot of good prospects. Id struggle to name them all
Sneakily, He has amassed a record of 11-4 in the UFC. That's actually a shit ton of fights already

By young, do you mean new? or truly young? as in younger than say 25?

New:
Yair
Barberena
Black Beast
James Vick
Rob Font
Garbrandt
Almeida
Breese
McGregor (He has spent less than 3 years in UFC, amazingly)

Young:
Yair
Sage
Garbrandt
Almeida
Sergio Pettis
Breese

I'm sure there are more

strickland, breese and till in the welterweight division
vick, mathews, case in the lightweight division
choi, ortega, yair in the featherweight division
this is pretty spot on, although I not a big fan of strickland you cant deny him a spot on this list.
I would also like to add Amirkhani. His last fight wasnt the most exciting but a 8 sec flying knee KO and a first round submission over Masio Fullen and a strong wrestling background Im expecting some more fireworks from him

It's probably both Almeida and Sterling. I know they're both in the same weight class but that doesn't cancel out the fact that they are both undefeated, electrifying and have a ton of potential still. The other guy is the best guy on Earth. At 28 and still unbeaten Jon Jones fits the description of the most exciting young fighter in the world. The only other name that I can't stop thinking about in this context is Aaron Pico. I realize that the guy has yet to have an MMA fight but with that wrestling, those hands and the praise from guys like Bob Cook, I think this kid is incredibly exciting and can't wait to see what he will do.

Sneakily, He has amassed a record of 11-4 in the UFC. That's actually a shit ton of fights already
he's been with the company a long time lol, the rest on the list are babies in their careers compared to Edson

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back