Will Henry Cejudo move back up to 135?

SUBLIME FAN

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I think it would be a smart move for sure. He's always had trouble making 125 and honestly in my opinion his best performance in the UFC was at 135. I'd have to go back on re watch the fight it was against Dustin Kimura but I remember him looking much more explosive and fast at 135. I think cutting to 125 messes with his performance to much. I think and hope we'll see him at BW next.

Makes sense to go the Dodson route. Try his luck against some different guys. His name recognition with get him some call outs.

fish_tacos_1.jpg__1500x0_q85_autocrop_crop-smart_upscale.jpg

No worries on eating his notorious fish tacos to make weight so why not

everyone knows his blueprint now. He will be tko his next fight.

When they dump the 125 division is my guess.

I think he will, yes. He honestly admitted MM is simply better than him so I can't see him wanting to take a second run at him.

well, for what it's worth, Cruz won't be any easier for him.

I do see him having generally more success at 25, if only because it is a much weaker division, aside from the champion.

Cejudo is a freak. There's no reason he can't continue to be a top five, top three talent at either weight class, honestly. But, without something serious changing, yeah, it will be hard to see him defeating a guy of MM's caliber anytime soon.

I could see him changing camp and taking another run at MM, only time will tell I suppose.

I think he should stay at 125.. He can probably beat everyone in the weight class other than Mighty Mouse. And a fight with Cruz, Dillashaw, Faber etc. isn't going to be any easier, I don't think.

Its cool seeing a fighter like Mighty Mouse run the table for this long, but its actually destroying that weight class with how dominate he has become. It won't surprise me if they shut it down in another year or two, because there's hardly anyone left, if anybody is left...

i think he prefers if mighty mouse moves up to 135 so he can get another crack at the 125 pound belt.

unfortunately for cejudo, mm seems intent on breaking the record for title defenses, so he's not moving anytime soon.

cejudo would do well to stay at 125 and hone his craft before he moves up to 135.

I cannot see Henry having his way with elite 135ers, or even the mid-tiers.

At 125 he could bully with those raw wrestling skills - I don't think it would be a smart move!

can't handle 125ers, move up in weight?
the Dustin Poirier method of success.

Makes sense to go the Dodson route. Try his luck against some different guys. His name recognition with get him some call outs.

If he fights Dodson at 125 or 135, Cejudo will be quickly separated from consciousness.

not sure moving up a weight division after getting throttled by a 5'3'' fighter is wise. they're much bigger guys, Faber was once a rather big 145 pounder.

I predict that he fights out his contract at 125 and the jumps ship to a different org, whoever is the highest bidder. Then he focuses his attention on coaching and building a system of gyms with his brother.

I totally made all that shit up.

But it's what I would do if I were him.

I don't see why not. Him vs Dom would be a fun fight. He wouldn't win though ;) :p

The only move he should make is a move to an elite MMA gym.

Back