Tito Ortiz's thoughts about the UFC and Conor McGregor.

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
I don't know, it's just one of those things. I made some bad decisions with the UFC, with Dana and I've been talked bad about from them from Dana, and I look back on it and wish I would have done things a lot different. I just, I hope Conor makes the right decisions, and at the same time, but makes the decision for his future."

He's only 28. Let him sit out for a little bit. Let him see how much money the other fighters can make the UFC. Which they can. The UFC, they are the star. They're gonna make the money. They'll keep bringing more and more fighters in and Conor's going to miss out on a year or two and then he'll have to cave in and ask what Dana and Lorenzo [Fertitta] want him to do..."We're fighters. We go out there and we'll open a window of opportunity and they're only open for so long and we have to take advantage of that time right then. When I did it, I was 30-31 years old maybe it was a little too late that I should have did it but I did it right. I was okay with the money that I got, the money that I made. So hopefully Conor makes the right decision."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/5/5...t=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

I read words. Not sure there were clear thoughts.

He hopes Conor makes the right decision for his future--sounds fair.

He would do things differently if he had it all to do again--OK.

But WHAT would he do? WHAT would "the right decision" look like?

I know it's Tito, but still... Use your words.

Then again, I guess it IS Tito.

Last edited:
It's actually not bad advice. Very level-headed and mature.

When Tito Ortiz is even making sense, then maybe you did screw up.

Conor's head isnt as big as Titos,its harder to get away with shit when your head is normal sized

It's actually not bad advice. Very level-headed and mature.

When Tito Ortiz is even making sense, then maybe you did screw up.
My thoughts as well.
I wonder if someone wrote that for him. :D
I kid. But that is good advice.

Pretty good by Tito

Tito came in when the money was starting to get high for the top stars in the UFC but weren't anywhere near the level they are now

Pretty good by Tito

Tito came in when the money was starting to get high for the top stars in the UFC but weren't anywhere near the level they are now
Tito was there before the money was good. Like when frank shamrock smashed his head and left because there was no money to be made.

Tito is dana's bitch
dana-is-my-bitch.jpg

ufc121_weighin_28.jpg

tito-ortiz-dana-is-my-boss-shirt.jpg

"The UFC is the star" couldn't be more wrong, go and look at their financials for 2014 and tell me they aren't a star-driven entity.

"The UFC is the star" couldn't be more wrong, go and look at their financials for 2014 and tell me they aren't a star-driven entity.

They made a lot of $$$ in 2014 without a big star.
That is/was the point
Of course they do better with ... nobody is saying that.

They made a lot of $$$ in 2014 without a big star.
That is/was the point
Of course they do better with ... nobody is saying that.
2014 was a terrible year for the UFC, that's why they signed CM Punk as a publicity stunt.

2014 was a terrible year for the UFC, that's why they signed CM Punk as a publicity stunt.

In that 'terrible' year they still made a shitload of money - that is/was the point.

In that 'terrible' year they still made a shitload of money - that is/was the point.
A shitload to you and I but they obviously weren't happy with it, are you actually disputing that 2014 was a terrible year for them? I thought it was common knowledge here.

I read words. Not sure there were clear thoughts.

He hopes Conor makes the right decision for his future--sounds fair.

He would do things differently if he had it all to do again--OK.

But WHAT would he do? WHAT would "the right decision" look like?

I know it's Tito, but still... Use your words.

Then again, I guess it IS Tito.

Leave Tito alone, he's not the best at words.

A shitload to you and I but they obviously weren't happy with it, are you actually disputing that 2014 was a terrible year for them? I thought it was common knowledge here.

You are not getting it at all lol

If their worst year (without stars) is a very profitable one, then it is not terrible & shows that they were smart in building the brand.

As far as "2014 being terrible was common knowledge" - most posters on SD are clueless about business.

If a company never has a fiscal year that is not profitable, then none of them are 'terrible"

UFC_revenue.0.jpg

You are not getting it at all lol

If their worst year (without stars) is a very profitable one, then it is not terrible & shows that they were smart in building the brand.

As far as "2014 being terrible was common knowledge" - most posters on SD are clueless about business.

If a company never has a fiscal year that is not profitable, then none of them are 'terrible"

UFC_revenue.0.jpg
So they signed CM Punk at the end of 2014 because they saw his natural talent? The UFC was losing a lot of interest in 2014, I remember it very well, I'm not saying the UFC can't function without stars because they can but if they think 2016 will be the same as 2015 without Rousey and McGregor then they're in for a rude awakening, their popularity relies on having a mainstream star.

So they signed CM Punk at the end of 2014 because they saw his natural talent? The UFC was losing a lot of interest in 2014, I remember it very well, I'm not saying the UFC can't function without stars because they can but if they think 2016 will be the same as 2015 without Rousey and McGregor then they're in for a rude awakening, their popularity relies on having a mainstream star.

Do you even know what we are discussing?

What you called a "terrible" year was their best fiscal year (up until that point).
You also told me to "go look at the financials" - well, guess what ...... ;)
I proved that by actually giving you proof that the "star-less" 2014 was a huge year for UFC anyway.

So AGAIN that proves that focusing on the brand was smart.

Back