Overeem and Arlovski: Whats each own biggest win?

CereserBr

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Overeem MMA only, folks ;)

Overeem could be his last one against JDS, Arlovski maybe the one against Werdum?

Overeem over Lesnar
Arlovski over Tim sylvia the first time.

Win over current champion is always nice to have, so the answer is Werdum for both.

I would say Overeems biggest wins were Vitor and Igor, they were phenomenal at the time, and he was expected to lose both

Arlovski likely the first Sylvia fight (Werdum is only impressive with 10 years of hindsight, at the time it was expected)

Overeem

Dos Santos
Lesnar
Werdum
Hunt

Arlovski

Sylvia?
Werdum

Overeem - JDS and Werdum
Arlovski - Sylvia and Werdum

I know that Brown is a joke in these parts but I thought the manner in which Andrei won that fight, coming through adversity, was huge for him. I thought yes, Andrei can finally protect his chin and fight when wobbled.

And then he reverted right back to type against Stipe.

Other than that,

AA - Sylvia,
Reem-Lesnar

funny fact Arlovski TKO'd guys who TKO'd Overeem (Browneye, Bigfoot and Rothwell)

He also Ko'd Nelson who knocked down Overeem

MMA only...pppffftttt. You knew that Badr Hari answer was coming lol

10z8mc7.jpg

AA against Browne
Overeem against JDS

Because they were both underdogs. And these are their best most recent wins. And what is recent is really what is relevant. Those are their tops wins of todays heavyweight division. Those wins are what escalated them to where people are shouting for them to get the title shot. These are the wins that matter in todays division.

Arlovski obviously beat Sylvia two times although only one technical win. Werdum, Big Foot, and Rothwell were each nice victories for him.

Overeem has the better wins under his belt. But at the same time, Overeem's three brutal losses in the UFC are guys AA beat with ease.

AA against Browne
Overeem against JDS

Because they were both underdogs. And these are their best most recent wins. And what is recent is really what is relevant. Those are their tops wins of todays heavyweight division. Those wins are what escalated them to where people are shouting for them to get the title shot. These are the wins that matter in todays division.
I agree 100%

Werdum is their best win for both in my opinion.

Overeem - Lesnar/JDS
AA - Browne (put him back on the map)

Back