Cupcake vs Takedown

Burundanga

The Intellectual
@Green
Reaction score
I gotta tell ya...

I am a huge fan of Meisha Tate, especially after her fight with Holm.

But I just can't get my head around "Cupcake".

Takedown is so much more appropriate as a nickname and even more so now that she used that technique to literally wrestle the belt away from Holly.

And she is looking lovely in this pic...

GyzBEtg.png

Takedown is a bit of a rougher nickname, more appropriate for a fighter. I wonder what prompted the change

And she is looking lovely in this pic...
Yes, she is.
Which means you propably derailed your thread before it even started..

But oh well, let's try:

'Takedown' is obviously sport related and fits her fighting style quite well. But that also makes it a bit boring and paints her as an one-dimensional fighter. It alliterates nicely with her surname tho.
'Cupcake' is a bit strange for a fighter nickname (and too cute for my liking), but she is a rather girly girl and apparently also really does baking, so I guess it's ok. If she keeps it she should at least try to get some bakery sponsorship out of it.

Personally I'm not too fond of either nickname. Imo they are both rather weak and have not really caught on anyway. So I would suggest she drops both and just goes by 'Miesha Take'.
But I'm not the biggest fan of nicknames in general.

I'm against alliterative names almost entirely, and coupled with the fact that "Takedown" is just a dumb nickname, I'd prefer "Cupcake."

Back