Fighters that become Panic Wrestlers?

Me&MrJones

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Good example:

Diaz made McGregor a panic wrestler too.

Who else became a panic wrestler in UFC history?

Had to be done.

Bonus:

giphy.gif

Not a panic wrestler exactly, but Eddie Alvarez went in heavy wrestling mode after getting owned in the stand up by Gilbert Melendez. Funny thing was that If I'm not mistaken, it was Eddie who was bragging about how he will destroy Gil standing up and he'll resort to wrestling him. :D

'Panic wrestler' is a dumb term used by dummies*. This is MMA - if you are in trouble on the feet, it is perfectly valid to shoot for a TD.

*The only valid use of that stupid term is to mock McGregor for using it in his pro wrassling routine only to 'panic wrestle' himself

'Panic wrestler' is a dumb term used by dummies*. This is MMA - if you are in trouble on the feet, it is perfectly valid to shoot for a TD.

*The only valid use of that stupid term is to mock McGregor for using it in his pro wrassling routine only to 'panic wrestle' himself
It is perfectly valid to go for a TD when you are in trouble, but that doesn't change that it's often done in a panic. It's a perfect description.

It's a cage fight. People get hurt. Panic is a perfectly normal response.

Still, it DID make it doubly sweet to see Conor fall victim to his own mockery. To me, that's all the more reason to appreciate the term...

Post-Serra GSP. That dude STAYED in a panic after that fight....

Aliens, Sharks, dinosaurs and shit...it's a dangerous world out there.

Hell, there was a time when he thought that HARDY was the most dangerous opponent he'd faced.

I think barao at one point against tj became a panic wrestler. I could be wrong though.

Almost every fighter that gets rocked became a panic wrestler.

Post-Serra GSP. That dude STAYED in a panic after that fight....

Aliens, Sharks, dinosaurs and shit...it's a dangerous world out there.

Hell, there was a time when he thought that HARDY was the most dangerous opponent he'd faced.

Not sure about that. These gifs are clearly post serra.

tumblr_nbr4toEzvL1ry1rm7o2_400.gif

tumblr_nbr4toEzvL1ry1rm7o3_r1_400.gif

tumblr_nbr4toEzvL1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

Bader is a wrestler though.
TS, should have been a little more specific. Yea your right, but we all saw it. He got extra panicky in the sloppy shot, that a featherweight could have sprawled out of

Good example:

Nah, you're doing it wrong.

"Panic wrestlers" are guys who are primarily strikers but who panic under pressure on the feet and try to wrestle. Cain is the opposite of that. When you think of UFC wrestlers one of the first names that comes to mind is Cain. He wrestles whether he's in trouble or not.

TL;DR Wrestlers can't be "panic wrestlers".

Couldn't agree more, everyone in the history of MMA has dived or lunged desperately for a takedown or a clinch at some point

Machida became a Panick Wrestler against Bones in UFC 140. Jones knocked him, 1 of three fighters to do this in his career, Machida went for the takedown and got guilhitined by Jones. Brutal stuff! If someone can get a GIF that'd be great.

Nah, you're doing it wrong.

"Panic wrestlers" are guys who are primarily strikers but who panic under pressure on the feet and try to wrestle. Cain is the opposite of that. When you think of UFC wrestlers one of the first names that comes to mind is Cain. He wrestles whether he's in trouble or not.

TL;DR Wrestlers can't be "panic wrestlers".
Cain didn't want to go down with Werdum in the beginning of the fight so he became a panic wrestler.

Not sure about that. These gifs are clearly post serra.

tumblr_nbr4toEzvL1ry1rm7o2_400.gif

tumblr_nbr4toEzvL1ry1rm7o3_r1_400.gif

tumblr_nbr4toEzvL1ry1rm7o1_400.gif
A) I was joking (kinda)
B) this is one fight, and if you sat through every minute of every one of GSP's UFC fights, it would be obvious to you that this WASN'T the norm.
D) I never said that he wasn't a talented and skilled striker. In fact, normally that's the key marker of a panic wrestler.

What happened to C?
image.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back