Will Holm vs Shevshenko be a good 5 round fight?

Definitely can be. Valentina can steal some rounds but I see Holly winning. If Valentina can mix in her grappling we saw in the Kaufman fight, she can win it. Easier said than done though especially after she's fought Kaufman who trains with Holly.

It will be interesting.

I'd like to get your thoughts @ghostmann ! ;)

This will look a lot like Benson vs. Koreshkov, Shevchenko way too small to beat the top 5.

Definitely can be. Valentina can steal some rounds but I see Holly winning. If Valentina can mix in her grappling we saw in the Kaufman fight, she can win it. Easier said than done though especially after she's fought Kaufman who trains with Holly.

It will be interesting.

Yeah but that Nunes fight tho...

If she just would have really went for it RD3, damn it... :mad:
Yeah i like Valentina, but she doesn't strike me as the smarterst strategist. Holm and that Jackson dude are pretty good at that :/

No. I still don't understand why Rumble/Glover isn't main event but whatever.

Valentina won't finish Holly and Holly won't finish Valentina. Holly is not an aggressive finisher and Valentina isn't good enough yet to fully threaten Holly. It'll most likely be a decision with only small portions of excitement.

Yeah i like Valentina, but she doesn't strike me as the smarterst strategist. Holm and that Jackson dude are pretty good at that :/
I mean she looked great in the Kaufman fight which is why it was weird.

Jacksons MMA born & bred. When the title's on the line the Jab-n-move comes out.

Ronda's fight has been Holly's only entertaining fight. If Meisha didn't try that hail mary takedown in RD5 then she'd be having a lot of unimpressed fans.

valentina vs holly=
g7IsB.gif

It will be interesting.

Quite frankly I foresee very little clinching in this fight and I think it will play out more like Machida v Shogun, with Shevchenko trying to leg kick Holm into oblivion while Holly will be evasive as usual.

This will look a lot like Benson vs. Koreshkov, Shevchenko way too small to beat the top 5.

Not that I think she would or would want her to beat Tate but Miesha isn't exactly a giant? I don't think size would be the deciding factor there...

Gotta love how the CHAMPION is the smallest top 5 and also has T-Rex arms with a 65 inch reach, WARcake! Defier of odds.

Last edited:
Not that I think she would or would want her to beat Tate but Miesha isn't exactly a giant? I don't think size would be the deciding factor there...
Shevchenko has no business being at 135lbs, she's very short, I think if you compared her to Tate then you'd be surprised, Shevchenko fighting at WBW is like Benson fighting at WW, she'll maybe find some sort of success against the lower ranked girls of the division but against the elite the size difference is too much, she has no path to victory against anybody in the top 5.

Yeah i like Valentina, but she doesn't strike me as the smarterst strategist./

Both she and her corner seemed genuinely unaware that they had to finish Nunes in round 3. They thought they were getting the decision.

Back