Prediction: GSP vs Nick Diaz UFC NY

PeterTheGreat

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
With UFC 200 pretty much topped off. And Gsp not officially signed with the ufc again, he is most likely not fighting on that card. He also wants a big money fight, not necessarily with title implications, just relevance. Nick also wants the money fight, and the history between the two speaks for itself.

Some might say Conor will headline that card, but I think this Ufc vs Conor ordeal still has a lot of time to play out and may ripple into December or next year even. Leaving him out of a card that they would want to not have any shade or weird ego battle to go with it.

Gsp vs Nick seems like the fight for both men on their return. Anderson seems set on fighting at MW against top guys towards the belt. Those two want money fights and are coming off layoffs. If Jones can't fight by than due to injury or something, (Weidman isn't beating Luke so no other NY area champ) I think this will headline UFC NY.

As a huge fan, I'd really like to see GSP back in the UFC. But I think this fight is really unlikely.

One of the few fights I wouldn't want to see Nick in.

GSP beat him up in the last one.

Dude, I made this prediction in a different thread and homeboy whined about it.

I'd rather see them fight new opponents. I think there is a good chance it would be a repeat of their last fight. I would love to see either of them fight Lawler.

Dana really dislikes the Diaz bros. No way he's going to put Nick on the NY card.

One of the few fights I wouldn't want to see Nick in.

GSP beat him up in the last one.
Me too, I don't want to see GSP vs Nick again, it would just be another 50-45. its not a good style matchup for Nick.

I'd love to watch it. Sure, Nick got beat up, but standing he was doing really well. I think he could do better.

Not sure how GSP gets back with that current Reebox deal in place. Probably gotta dump boatloads of money to get him.

I think it will be Nate, Conor or Cerrone. GSP wants a money fight but to fight someone smaller it seems to see if he still has it. I'd lean towards Nate at this point.

With UFC 200 pretty much topped off. And Gsp not officially signed with the ufc again, he is most likely not fighting on that card. He also wants a big money fight, not necessarily with title implications, just relevance. Nick also wants the money fight, and the history between the two speaks for itself.

Some might say Conor will headline that card, but I think this Ufc vs Conor ordeal still has a lot of time to play out and may ripple into December or next year even. Leaving him out of a card that they would want to not have any shade or weird ego battle to go with it.

Gsp vs Nick seems like the fight for both men on their return. Anderson seems set on fighting at MW against top guys towards the belt. Those two want money fights and are coming off layoffs. If Jones can't fight by than due to injury or something, (Weidman isn't beating Luke so no other NY area champ) I think this will headline UFC NY.
I disagree. The right fight to make is Nick Diaz vs. Robbie Lawler. Let's face it, GSP would lay and prey b/c Nick just doesn't have the wrestling to deal with George's top game. Now Robbie would at least keep it standing unless Diaz takes it to the ground. This is the right exciting fight to make.

Nick Diaz needs to win a fight.

Stop with these stupid fight suggestions for Nick.

i just dont see gsp coming back and not having a title shot straight away...

I'd love to watch it. Sure, Nick got beat up, but standing he was doing really well. I think he could do better.

You obviously didn't watch it. Nick was beat on the feet. He had no answer for GSP's standup.

I'd rather see them fight new opponents. I think there is a good chance it would be a repeat of their last fight. I would love to see either of them fight Lawler.

For sure, GSP vs. Lawler or Lawler vs. Diaz II both sell big IMO, especially GSP vs. Lawler. That fight sells itself. The gutsy exciting new champion and the grizzled but golden former champion who never actually lost the belt.

Also there's the excellent style matchup factor. I personally think Lawler beats GSP same way as he beat Koscheck, stuffs a takedown late in a round and then just tees off on Georges with punches underneath and gets the stoppage or turns the tide on the 'cards.

I disagree. The right fight to make is Nick Diaz vs. Robbie Lawler. Let's face it, GSP would lay and prey b/c Nick just doesn't have the wrestling to deal with George's top game. Now Robbie would at least keep it standing unless Diaz takes it to the ground. This is the right exciting fight to make.

This. Anyone who would rather see Nick against GSP instead of Robbie doesn't like exciting fights.

I'm not saying Diaz deserves a TS, but this is an awesome rematch that has to be made at some point.

I think it will be Nate, Conor or Cerrone. GSP wants a money fight but to fight someone smaller it seems to see if he still has it. I'd lean towards Nate at this point.

Who wants to see GSP dominate Nate? GSP already DOMINATED the bigger version of Nate for every minute of their fight. Nate has nothing for GSP, or any top tier WW.

Think Rory ragdolled Nate? What do you think the better version of Rory does to Nate?

Another stupid grasping fight suggestion from Diaz Ball Lickers.

I don't need GOAT GSP back, just any version of GSP that's conditioned for competition. One superfight to say goodbye, please. There's nothing left to prove. Do one for the decade-long fans.

Not a good fight for either guy. Nick was dominated in their first fight and I doubt it would pique GSP's interest. I can't see many people getting excited for that fight knowing how the first one went and how likely it is that the second fight will be almost identical

You obviously didn't watch it. Nick was beat on the feet. He had no answer for GSP's standup.

I absolutely did. GSP was getting tagged. He was only beat on the feet beacuse he was trying to stuff the takedowns (which he stuffed a few of).

Back