Did Anyone Else Think Pat Miletich Was An Outstanding Commentator?

Gabe

Saturdays are for the Boys
@Silver
Reaction score
A lot of people talk about different fighters being good commentators but Pat Miletich rarely gets brought up. I was watching some old Strikeforce fights recently and he is very good on the mic, knows his stuff well and is able to explain it in a very straightforward and interesting way. I honestly think he is one of the best fighters to become a commentator and wish he would commentate more now. Thoughts?

Yep, he was solid.

dean-winchesterjensen-acklessupernatural.gif

Last edited:
Yeah, I had no problem with Pat doing the fight analysis. He's not a guy that usually gets amped up, so he's overlooked to some degree. But he was good at the job.

He wasn't bad, but I hope they put Mir in the booth.

As long as he doesn't commentate a Miguel Torres fight, he's excellent. GOAT fighter commentator. Hardy is in the running too.

Plz let him replace Rogan when he retires this August. Pat is awesome and really knows and explains well what's going on.

He also seems really easy for the other commentators to get along and have fun with

hes still good, bump goldie off and pat can step in, rein in some of rogans hyperbole.

I really liked Pat, he was a smooth operator on the mic for sure.

Outstanding? No. Qualified? Yes.

I think he would make a great addition to the Fox panels and to fight night ringside commentary.

He still commentates now, I just listened to him the other day on an AXS TV card.

Isn't he also the commentator for GLORY?

Yes he was good. Mauro Ranallo wasn't, but he's better than Mike Goldberg IMHO.

Plz let him replace Rogan when he retires this August. Pat is awesome and really knows and explains well what's going on.

He also seems really easy for the other commentators to get along and have fun with

Rogan is retiring in August?

is this for sure?

that sucks.

Rogan is highly criticized. Even i had some real trouble with a couple things he has said, like Rousey crap.

But very few of us would survive speaking on the fly for thousands of hours without saying some really dumb shit.

Whoever replaces him might be good, but they wont be better, and only after a couple years will people be talking about how great Rogan was.

As humans we typically dont regard something highly until it is gone.

I like him and Schiavello. You guys talk about him like he's dead or something.

Pat's been my favorite for years now. Very under-rated.

He should be a UFC commentator, but Dana still hates him for taking the IFL job. At that time Pat was like Greg Jackson is today.

He still commentates now, I just listened to him the other day on an AXS TV card.

Isn't he also the commentator for GLORY?

People talking like he died...

I like him and Schiavello. You guys talk about him like he's dead or something.

Yeah man, he does commentary with the 'voice' on tons of MMA fight cards, they're a great combination. Love it when you hear Schiavello scream 'the big kibosh' lol, and then Pat stepping in to calm him down and break down the fight.

Wait, what's going on? Why the past-tense?

He wasn't bad, but I hope they put Mir in the booth.

As long as he doesn't commentate a Miguel Torres fight, he's excellent. GOAT fighter commentator. Hardy is in the running too.

I think Hardy is awesome and Mir was always the shit back when he was doing WEC, although his post fight interviews came across as goofy sometimes.

He still does axs tv fights almost every Friday and hes damn amazing. He gives great commentary about what fighters should be doing and what he sees happening and is often right about it. his calm level headed information works perfect with The Voice's excitement. They're by far my favorite commentators. I get that Mike might be too much for the UFC main stream but Pat is better that Stan/Kenny/Anik. They really should go for him when Joe quits.

Pat's been my favorite for years now. Very under-rated.

He should be a UFC commentator, but Dana still hates him for taking the IFL job. At that time Pat was like Greg Jackson is today.

People talking like he died...
I'm pretty sure they squashed their beef seeing as how Pat Miletich was inducted into the UFC HOF.

Back