Anyone find it weird that Greg Jackson/Mike is training Andrei Arlovski to fight Alistair Overeem

J

JollyRants

upload_2016-5-4_18-3-14.png Im i the only one that finds it weird that Mike Winkeljohn and Greg Jackson are training Andrei Arlovski to fight Overeem ? I also find it weird that Overeem said he will go back to training at Greg Jackson and everything will be back to normal after the fight. I wouldn't want to go back to a gym where the coaches just trained a guy to beat me to death and act like everything cool. I feel like it's strange for Overeem to even go back to train with those guys after they made the decision to train Andrei against him. If i was him i would go to AKA or something. Thoughts ?

No, Andrei's been there way longer. They probably talked about this before Overeem began training at Jacksons. There's probably protocol set in place after the shad/jones fiasco.

When GSP and Condit fought, he ran away and was eating cheeseburgers.

No, Andrei's been there way longer. They probably talked about this before Overeem began training at Jacksons.
Source where they talked about this before ? I would of thought they decided to train nether of them.

Source where they talked about this before ? I would of thought they decided to train nether of them.

Source: Common sense.

They've had issues with this before with Shad/Jones. Not having protocol in place now with new fighters coming in would be pretty stupid.

Not really, I imagine most of the camp is rooting for AA.

Few training partners have great things to say over Overeem.

Source: Common sense.

They've had issues with this before with Shad/Jones. Not having protocol in place now with new fighters coming in would be pretty stupid.
Common sense is not a source lol. That's jumping to conclusions lol.

Not at all.
This is business, not friends
AO is right by staying in a place where they improved him to a level where he can become the champ.

If anything, if he beats AA, he will be the top HW at that gym. In return, Greg & Mike will chose HIM over the other fighters.

they did this with Jon (Over 'Shad), so this is not a new thing...

If Overeem loses then I doubt he will ever return to Jacksons, he won't take it well.

Not at all.
This is business, not friends
AO is right by staying in a place where they improved him to a level where he can become the champ.

If anything, if he beats AA, he will be the top HW at that gym. In return, Greg & Mike will chose HIM over the other fighters.

they did this with Jon (Over 'Shad), so this is not a new thing...
So if your friends just coach your other friend to beat you to death in a cage. Will you still be cool with them after the fight ? I wouldn't feel comfortable with coaches that just trained another guy to murder me in a cage.

Last edited by a moderator:
So if your friends just coach your other friend to beat you to death in cage you still will be cool with them after the fight ? I wouldn't feel comfortable with coaches that just trained another guy to murder me in a cage.

psh-eye-roll.gif

Jackson team is under investigation. So makes sense they don't want overoid there.

No, Andrei's been there way longer. They probably talked about this before Overeem began training at Jacksons. There's probably protocol set in place after the shad/jones fiasco.

This ^ Also it was Overeem who pushed for the fight creating some tension I'm sure which probably helped them decide on who to back.

This ^ Also it was Overeem who pushed for the fight creating some tension I'm sure which probably helped them decide on who to back.
He said in a interview that he didn't push for the fight. Overeem said he never spoke to Joe Silva in his life. 2:00

Last edited by a moderator:
If Overeem loses then I doubt he will ever return to Jacksons, he won't take it well.
Even more reason to train with them tbh. Just like how Travis Browne left Jacksons and then lost to Andrei. He should have went back but instead decided to cling to Honda.

Back