Jones Vs. DC UFC 200

TheNorseMen

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I am watching the first fight currently, which made me remember that although Jon won the fight, ,it was in no way a landslide win.

Interestingly, going into the second fight, as you all know, DC is the champion and Jones is the challenger.

If it is an even closer fight than the first, ultimately the decision would have to go to DC. "You have to beat the champion to be the champion."

I am just wondering whether the Judges perception will be clouded by the fact that Jones never lost the title inside the octagon and ultimately see DC as the challenger throughout the fight, thus causing a controversial decision being made at the end of the fight (in Jones' favour) should it go to decision.

Guess we won't know until fight night.

Hopefully someone goes to sleep.

I think DC might pull it off in the rematch.

I know I am in the minority though.

Jones used the worst possible strategy and took 4 rounds from DC, he even used DCs own style against him. If DC could have won he would have done it last time when he was younger, healthier, and less battle worn. We've seen how this plays out.

I want dc to win, not only cause im a fan, but so i can shit on every little skinny fat dweeb that comments on dcs instagram leaving hate messages.

If it's a super close fight and it goes to Jones(controversial), even though Jones won the first fight, it'd feel incomplete. I'd want a third fight.

I don't think that any perceived champion's advantage came into play with their first fight. No round was particularly hard to score. Closest was round 3.

The only people who think Jones will lose are blinded by their hate.

If it is an even closer fight than the first, ultimately the decision would have to go to DC. "You have to beat the champion to be the champion."

Technically no such judging criteria exists. The judges are not supposed to sway in the champions favor in a close decision. Whether this in fact does happen is anyones guess.

I don't think that any perceived champion's advantage came into play with their first fight. No round was particularly hard to score. Closest was round 3.

I agree that I dont think the judges swayed it towards Jon because he was champ. It has been a long time since Ive seen the fight so I could be wrong but I remember thinking a couple rounds were hard to score. Either way I agree with OP that the fight was by no means a walk in the park. It was a tough fight that even had some potential of an upset going into the 5th round.

The only people who think Jones will lose are blinded by their hate.

or maybe they are people who saw their first fight, saw DC's fight with Jones' toughest opponent (Gus) and then saw Jones' fight with OSP.

I do think Jones will win but you are kidding yourself if you think DC doesnt have a reasonable chance.

If both come in and fight the exact same fight, the decision will still go to jones even though he isn't the champ. Jones did more than enough that last fight to convince the judges

"You have to beat the champion to be the champion" is a total myth.

I want DC to win because jones is an eyepoking, knee kicking, joint manipulator that will do any little "under the radar" dirty moves to win.

This fight won't be much different than the first...i doubt it will end in a finish. These two match up terribly.

Dc is too old and has average striking at best but vs jones that isnt going to do it.jones via tko 3rd

"You have to beat the champion to be the champion" is a total myth.
Agreed. By that measuring stick, MM, Cruz, Ronda. Royce, etc, etc were all never champs. There may be greater resolve and getting the belt by beating the champ but that theory is flawed. Also, does that mean Werdum isn't champ because he never beat Sea Lel' Cain?

Back