Would You be Ok With UFC Getting Rid of 125lbs Men and Adding 125lbs Women Instead?

Vulcan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
like u guys know there are rumors of the ufc is considering getting rid of 125lbs men and they are testing the waters for 125lbs fights w women, would u be ok with this?

Totally. FLW women are similar to WW men, just the right balance of speed, power and physicality. I won't miss anyone from men's FLW division, 100% honest.

No, they need to add 155 lb Women's division so we can see Brye Anne Russillo in the Octagon . . .

912@70.jpg

Their most dominant champ is at 125, and they are planning on getting rid of it? Do you have a link to this rumor?

No. I'm more than ok with a women's 125 lbs division, but I don't like the idea of getting rid of the male division. Some people don't like Flyweight, but hey, some fighters have the size and weight to fight it.

No, but I wish there were more women's divisions. One of my favorite fighters is Hamderlei (Seo Hee Ham) but she's too short to compete with her division.

No.

There is no need for another women's division.

No midgets, no chicks. Thanks.

like u guys know there are rumors of the ufc is considering getting rid of 125lbs men and they are testing the waters for 125lbs fights w women, would u be ok with this?

A female flyweight is a necessity. There are a lot of girls fighting outside of their weightclass just so they can try and make a good living in MMA. Val looks like the Grim Reaper every time she weighs in. JoJo said she has to go 10 weeks on only eggs and chicken breasts to make 115. Plus I hate watching fights with a huge size mismatch. Allowing some of the bigger fighters to go to 125 will have us avoiding fights like JoJo vs Ham.

I think the UFC should give male 125 two more years to develop before considering pulling the plug. Mighty Mouse is finally starting to get the recognition he deserves and I think it would be smart to give him enough time for his drawing power to build with each impressive performance.

We have too many divisions already. I'm in favor of consolidating the flyweight and bantamweight division. The experiment was a failure and Dana and co. are largely to blame for neglecting it so badly.

Makes sense... 125 for women is the equivalent to 155 or maybe 170 for men's in female/male size comparison.

I'd rather see a complete revamping of the current weight classes with strict rehydration rules limiting regains to 5-10 lbs. Leave 135 as the opening class but with limited rehydration and work from there.

5 to 7% rehydration limit above weigh in weight.

Absolutely not. I'm not really seeing a need for a 125lb women's class at the moment, not totally opposed to that in the future, but we NEED the 125lb men's division.

Back