Did Werdum have the biggest improvement in the striking department?

Readybodisready

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I mean he was atrocious at one point standing. Nowadays he's outstriking everyone, even ko'd a former K-1 champ.
There's Hendo but he always had that power and chin, he just needed to apply his genetics properly. Also Anderson in his early years was quite a plodder, his footwork improved massively as he started dancing like a boxer while combining all kinds of kickboxing and muay thai fluently.

LiveSeveralIncatern.gif

TJ Dillashaw has to be in the running here.

His striking has improved tremendously. He's become a very smart fighter. He's able to use his striking well enough to control the exchanges. Even when he's facing better strikers, he's able to keep them off rhythm enough that he manages to keep pace with them.

Pretty impressive strategically.

He's still very sloppy with no power.

He's up there for sure.

Dude just used to lay on his back trying to sucker mo-foz into the guard.

Now he can legit KTFO folks. KOing iron-chinned Hunto is no joke.

tumblr_nf4i3kyMj41tugoyjo1_500.gif

I feel like Maia went from rudimentary striking to serviceable striking. He is still immediately getting on people like glue to out grapple them.

Meanwhile Doom is knocking out Hunto with a flying knee. He beat the brakes off Big Country and Travis Browne in straight up kickboxing. That is just an incredible turnaround.

TJ Snake-a-shaw was a wrestler with marginal striking who goes on to have incredible footwork and twice KO a P4P great in Barao. He truly became one of the best strikers in his division seemingly out of nowhere.

He has improved a lot, and it's translated to him having an all around fight game. TJ, Mendes, RDA, and Maia all have improved in their stand up from when they first started in the UFC.

His striking still looks just ok to me. His clinch is what got so good.

He looked terrible in Nog and Hunt fights.

Gotta go with Dillashaw. I never wouldve thought the dude i saw on TUF would end up being one of the best overall and most technical strikers in MMA and arguably the best at switch hitting with stances. With his output, combos, footwork, head movement etc. Its insane.

RDA improved more than Fab. Hes a better striker and one of the best in MMA. Has looked like the best striker in the division for a while now and he was getting rocked by Tibau, Looney Tunes KTFO by Jeremy and his jaw broken by Clay Guida in the past. Now hes KOing Bendo and Cowboy in a round, and completely dismantling Pettis for 5 rounds.

Michael Johnson improved alot as well. Same with Matt Brown. Demetrious from what he was in WEC and even his first couple UFC fights has improved alot too.

He has improved a lot for sure, but he is still pretty sloppy. He seems do ok on on the feet with everyone nowadays though.....

I came in here to throw RDA's name in the hat. Dude went from bjj ace to straight buzzsaw.

Picked apart Nate Diaz standing
1st person to KO Benson
Broke Pettis's orbital
Took out Cowboy standing in under 90 secs

Impressive if you ask me

He strikes like Johnny Bones Jones, they have many similarities in their striking.

Back