So Nick Diaz should fight on the NYC card...right? Against who though?

fm20000

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I believe Nick is free as of August or September. Leaving him available to fight on the NYC card.

Who should his opponent be though? He said he only wants big fights when he comes back.

I'm down for Nick vs Bisping honestly

Like Nate, Nick only wants big money fights. I'd like to see him get back into the WW top 10/title picture but he doesn't seem interested.

If you're feeling demented, throw him in with Tumenov after the Chechnyan wrecks Gunnar. If he beats any top 10 WW, he could easily get a WW title shot. People would bitch, but it'd make kinda sense considering he and Lawler have history.

Nick v Lawler is the dream, but I doubt it so I'll go with Bisping. Also a real fucking good fight.

Mousasi
Bisping
Matt Brown
Damian Maia

Neil Magny or Matt Brown would be scraps and a good test of where he's at in the division. He probably wouldn't take either fight, though.

Let him fight Neil Magny. He honestly doesn't deserve to be put in a high profile fight and I'd like to see how Magny does against him. If not Magny, throw him to Demian Maia

Last edited:
I have been saying he shouldn't get an immediate title shot
but I would like to see him in there with Lawler...

Nate only wants big fights, coming off beating a top 5 LW and then beating Conor. Nick is a draw, but you really think he deserves a title shot? he hasnt won a fight in over 4 years. He didn't look good against anderson and i believe lost 50 - 45? i'm all for him getting a shot, would love to see the fight (think lawler would crush him but anyway), but he needs to beat a few top 10 guys first. Maybe the loser of Rory/WB? or hendricks? If the money was right, Condit might come back and take the fight.

I know the concept is lost these days, but normally coming off 3 straight losses and a suspension does not earn you title shot. Anybody else whose last win was feb of 2012 in line for a title shot?? Would love to see him back and liven up the division, but absolutely not on the immediate title shot.

I think those of you who are thinking too logically need to prepare for an illogical matchup- possibly a title shot. Diaz isn't coming back to fight Woodley or Magny. His next fight will be against Conor, Robbie, Bisping, maybe Dan Severn or Rich Franklin- but definitely not a dangerous mid-ranked guy.

This, and put super glue on the outer sections of the mat inside the cage. Or GSP. Would make a huge splash with that fight. Lawler 2 would be insane.

Tie a strap between them that links them at the wrist.

Let him fight Neil Magny. He honestly doesn't deserve to be put in a high profile fight and I'd like to see how Magny does against him. If not Magny, through him to Demian Maia
If Maia loses to Brown, Nick-Maia would be a fight I'm very interested in seeing. There was a rumor that they almost agreed to compete at Metamoris. Nick is always talking about wanting to fight "hitters", so I wonder what he'd say about Maia considering they both have a BJJ background. I doubt he'd accept this fight either though.

Back