Doo Ho Choi: "I predict a 1st round KO. I am better than Tavares in every aspect of MMA."

Hufusopem

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
upload_2016-5-4_14-43-30.jpeg

----------

How are you feeling about this matchup

I am thankful for all the fans supporting me once the bout became official. I am going to repay your faith in me. I predict a 1st round knockout.

On his opponent Thiago Tavares

Tavares isn't really a guard player with his jiu-jitsu game. He is going to try to take me down, but not only am I a better striker I won't lose in the wrestling battle either. Even on the ground, I have the skills to submit him. I wants fans to know that I am not just a striker. I just never really needed to show my wrestling and jiu-jitsu skills yet. I can beat Tavares in the striking, wrestling, and the ground. I am better than Tavares in every aspect of MMA.

Who do you want to face if you beat Tavares

Tavares is ranked around 15-20 in the division. He is a veteran who has been fighting in the UFC since 2007. I am hoping once I dispatch him in impressive fashion, I can jump the rankings to at least 15th. There are so many top fighters I want to test my skills against.

On meeting his hero Shogun Rua

I dreamed of being a fighter because of Shogun Rua. I was so happy to meet him in person. When I tried to hug him, he jokingly pushed me away. It was an awesome experience.

Any words for his fans

I am taking care of my body and training so hard for my fans. There is about 2 months left. I hope all my fans cheer me on. I am going to win no matter what.

-----

REFERENCE- http://www.spotvnews.co.kr/?mod=news&act=articleView&idxno=53504

excited-baby.gif

Tavares is a powerhouse. Not excellent, but I would rate him as a very good gatekeeper.

I think Doo Ho Choi takes it by TKO...Second Round.

He reminds me of someone, there is this guy from Ireland...

He's better than Tavares indeed, but I don't think it's an easy fight.

Doo Ho just might be the dark horse of the FW division

War Superboy.

I think Choi will win, but I wouldn't be too surprised if Tavares just dominates him on the mat.

Korean Superboy FTW

Was Shogun joking though, some Asian fanboys want to cuddle their favourite fighters to death. Not saying any names

He's Asian, I'd never bet on them in MMA.

Tavares keeps drawing killers. He's still pretty young and might just surprise everybody and move past bad-ass gatekeeper. That fight with Ortega was one for the ages.

This is an unbelivably hype matchup.

Tavares has proven he is one of the best in the world at 145. Choi is a red hot prospect, who has murdered his first two UFC opponents.

Can't fucking wait.

I hope he doesn't actually try to test his grappling against Tavares.

I can see him KOing Thiago, but if he gets taken down, it's game over.

Great fight for Choi to establish himself against a savvy veteran. I'll take him by TKO but I don't think it's going to be some walk in the park.

Man, I'd rather not jump on the hype train just yet, but Choi is vicious. Wouldn't be surprised if his prediction proves to be correct.

I don't think Choi's prediction is absurd but in straight grappling he'd get smoked.

Unfortunately, he's going to vanish in 2018 because of the mandatory army obligations (he's 25 right now). The same shit that consumed Korean Zombie.

Back