Giblert Melendez vs Edson Barboza being added to UFC on Fox 20 (Poll)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
giphy.gif

Good fight, I can't even remember Melendez's last fight. Was it Alvarez? I thought for sure Edson would've drawn Khabib or Ferguson for a title eliminator

Kind of off topic, but does anybody else wish they would quit numbering Fox cards and fight night cards? Just seems really, really. pointless.

Think Barboza gets title shot with a win.

Melendez has been suspended a while hasn't he? Does he have the wrestling to beat Barboza? I can't remember.

Really solid fight. Man Gil just gets tough match ups. Hope he's not cut with a loss

The return of

giblets+banner+image.jpg

Melendez

Last edited:
stupi fight!! edson should get someone close to the title!!! giblert should get someone deep down low, enough of that bs.

I thought for sure Edson would've drawn Khabib or Ferguson for a title eliminator
Tony chocked Barboza out a little less than six months ago...... (why would he fight him again ?). Khabib is as good as gone for the entire Summer (ramadan)
Think Barboza gets title shot with a win.
He wont (recent losses to Ferguson and Johnson put him behind Khabib and Ferguson in the pecking order). RDA/Alvarez winner won't fight again till the holidays (Barboza can't wait it out when there's two guys ahead of him)

Second time I'll be seeing Edson fight

I like it. We'll finally see a Giblert fight kit in action!

Melendez is a tough night out for Barboza. There isn't a better kick catcher in the sport and Melendez's brand of wrestle boxing can definitely chip away at Barboza.

Questionable match making, imo. Barboza destroyed Pettis, so he fights the guy that Pettis tapped out? Keep in mind that Gil is on a 2 fight losing streak

Questionable match making, imo.
It's not bad when you think about it. Ferguson just choked him out, Alvarez/RDA are booked, Pettis just fought Barboza, and Khabib can't fight till Fall.

Literally the only fringe top 5 guy they would give him is Diaz (it's not questionable when there's hardly anything worthwhile).

To be honest Melendez is actually not bad considering the circumstances (hardly anything worthwhile and yet you STILL get a good quality name with elite skillsets)

ufc trying to cut gil who is on very high wages?

Nice match up. Giblert can win by clinching and stalling the fight but I think Edson kicks him out of the top 10.

Back