Would a Prime Rich Franklin be a to 15 Middleweight in 2016?

savemgs

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
03b42c87f822e98cb26fb5d5aeb8b20c662fff27_original.png

This is how i see it. Vs the top 15 and the Champion I see him going 11-5. And would be a top 7 to 4 in the rankings.
How do you guys see him doing?

Vs Champion : Luke Rockhold Loss

Vs 1 Chris Weidman Loss

Vs 2 Jacare Souza Loss

Vs 3 Vitor Belfort Loss

Vs 4 Michael Bisping Win

Vs 5 Anderson Silva Loss

Vs 6 Robert Whittaker Win

Vs 7 Lyoto Machida Win

Vs 8 Gegard Mousasi Win

Vs 9 Tim Kennedy Win

Vs 10 Uriah Hall Win

Vs 11 Derek Brunson Win

Vs 12 Thales Leites Win

Vs 13 Rafael Natal Win

Vs 14 Dan Henderson Win

Vs 15 CB Dollaway Win

Agree pretty much with your matchups although Ace would give Weidman problems. Machida beats him also (again)

I would place him in the 5-8 range though

His boxing would have to be revamped. It may have worked back in the day but he'd get killed trying that now.

He'd definitely be top 15, probably top 10.

Serra laughed at him when Franklin suggested to start the fight with one knee on the ground.

Franklin = MMA guru decades ahead of his time.

I won't think so, Rich rely on his height at 185. Most of todays middleweights would give Rich problems

Interesting question.

I'm not sure if he could beat Hall (it depends which Hall shows up).
I think he would also lose to Machida again.
Franklin in his prime vs Whittaker would be a really fun fight, but I'm not sure if he would win that.
Also CB Dollaway would be a fun match up, but I agree that Franklin would take that one.

I believe he could take the current Vitor, who gasses quickly and is off TRT.

I agree with 5-10 range.

Rich probably wouldn't be champ these days but he was no slouch. I'd pick him to be somewhere from 5-10. I don't think he falls out of the top 15.

I am not sure where Rich would be today but a prime Franklin I think takes Anderson Silva at this stage of AS career.

yeah. top 15 for sure.

Top 8 I don't know. maybe.

Top 5 Sadly No

really think 8-9 would be good

I think he lose Vs

Luke
Weidman
Souza
Silva (no sh*t sherlock)
Machida (again)
Belfort (again)
Mousasi
Whitaker 50/50 for me

The rest he could win imo.

so 8 spot yeah.

I am not sure where Rich would be today but a prime Franklin I think takes Anderson Silva at this stage of AS career.
If prime Rich tries to clinch with Anderson even today Rich gets busted up again. Anderson is still dangerous. Don't forget the end of round 3 vs Bisping.

Easily top 15

He'd be around 7-10

Rich already lost to Machida early in their careers and he never had the style to threaten him, outside of Shogun who was mad durable Machida only lost to strong grapplers, even Rampage was wrestling him.

And yes Franklin would be top fifteen and maybe top ten, there isnt any real difference between Bisping who is ranked in the top five and a prime Franklin, solid all around fighters who could do everything good not great and didn't have the strongest chin.

03b42c87f822e98cb26fb5d5aeb8b20c662fff27_original.png

This is how i see it. Vs the top 15 and the Champion I see him going 11-5. And would be a top 7 to 4 in the rankings.
How do you guys see him doing?

Vs Champion : Luke Rockhold Loss

Vs 1 Chris Weidman Loss

Vs 2 Jacare Souza Loss

Vs 3 Vitor Belfort Loss

Vs 4 Michael Bisping Win

Vs 5 Anderson Silva Loss

Vs 6 Robert Whittaker Win

Vs 7 Lyoto Machida Win

Vs 8 Gegard Mousasi Win

Vs 9 Tim Kennedy Win

Vs 10 Uriah Hall Win

Vs 11 Derek Brunson Win

Vs 12 Thales Leites Win

Vs 13 Rafael Natal Win

Vs 14 Dan Henderson Win

Vs 15 CB Dollaway Win

Sounds about right, but I think prime Rich would beat both the Anderson and Belfort we see today. I think he could also be competitive with Weidman, but I'd still pick Weidman... I am not sure about Machida and Mousasi. They would probably win.

That means in my book he would be... damn..possibly top 3..more likely top 5-6.

i think that the game has evolved passed him. he was great for his time, times have changed.

Yes, if Mike Bisping is then so would he.

I think a prime Rich's style could take out a good number of MW's now.

AceBeatUp.gif

Back