UFC on the Fly: Germaine de Randamie

Defeat Unknown

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score

Another awesome WMMA video this morning. I fucking love it. I've seen Germaine fight once or twice but never knew anything about her. When UFC takes the time to promote their fighters, we get to know them and relate to them and get excited to see them fight. This is good; I am now looking forward to her fight this weekend. She seems like a real nice woman and now I can't help but root for her.

Promote your fighters! Let us know them. This was a quality video and I enjoyed it.

She's a fantastic kickboxer and seems such a nice girl. Great video. "Eggs and vegetables... I don't understand why people choose to live healthy sometimes". LOL.

P.S. I just love her name. "Germaine de Randamie", I mean... how awesome does that sound?

What's her heritage? Is that Brazillian or Spanish or something?

Germaine is awesome.

I would love to see her versus Cyborg at some point. I think that fight would be competitive as fuck and wildly entertaining.

I remember watching her debut and being very impressed. Been trying to figure out what the hell she is ethnically...I always thought she was "Brazilian" based off looks but that's because I forgot how she sounded

She has amazing kickboxing credentials. While she's doing well in MMA, she's nowhere near the level she achieved in kickboxing.

Dayum, 55-0 in kickboxing?

Gal is a beast.

Will be interesting to see how she does in MMA.

Dayum, 55-0 in kickboxing?

Gal is a beast.

Will be interesting to see how she does in MMA.

They keep saying that she is undefeated but she has lost in kickboxing, I was there.

She is more than legit though. Few people know that she actually ko'd a man that outweighed her by 20 kg in a boxing match. Girl is very very good.

(vid skips straight to the last round)

I always think of this when random sherbro's say they could easily beat up top 10 wmma fighters. Good luck with that lol.

Like I said, legit as fuck

Mom seems cool. Must be thrilling to be able to witness a child do great things.

I remember watching her debut and being very impressed. Been trying to figure out what the hell she is ethnically...I always thought she was "Brazilian" based off looks but that's because I forgot how she sounded
Judging by her Surname she's Surinamese/Dutch De Randamie is a common name in Suriname. being of Surinamese descent you can be anything from Black,white,Indian,Chinese and Native American.

Judging by her Surname she's Surinamese/Dutch De Randamie is a common name in Suriname. being of Surinamese descent you can be anything from Black,white,Indian,Chinese and Native American.

Ah, gotcha. She's Tyrone Spongenese

They keep saying that she is undefeated but she has lost in kickboxing, I was there.

She is more than legit though. Few people know that she actually ko'd a man that outweighed her by 20 kg in a boxing match. Girl is very very good.

(vid skips straight to the last round)

I always think of this when random sherbro's say they could easily beat up top 10 wmma fighters. Good luck with that lol.

Like I said, legit as fuck

How the fuck was that ever sanctioned? Awesome though!

How the fuck was that ever sanctioned? Awesome though!

Happened in 07 I think. The guy is a belgian actor/tv personality and he did an episode of one of his shows on becoming a boxer. He had never fought before but rained full time for 3 months before this fight. He was 38 at the time, Germaine was only 23.

It was broadcasted on Eurosport witch is a pretty big deal, it's like the European version of ESPN, as legit as it gets when it comes to combat sports on tv over here. The people at the venue mostly thought it was going to be a demo fight (as I am sure the people at Eurosport did), but within seconds leather started flying and people realized this shit was for real.

Happened in 07 I think. The guy is a belgian actor/tv personality and he did an episode of one of his shows on becoming a boxer. He had never fought before but rained full time for 3 months before this fight. He was 38 at the time, Germaine was only 23.

It was broadcasted on Eurosport witch is a pretty big deal, it's like the European version of ESPN, as legit as it gets when it comes to combat sports on tv over here. The people at the venue mostly thought it was going to be a demo fight (as I am sure the people at Eurosport did), but within seconds leather started flying and people realized this shit was for real.
Cool! I have Eurosport, never saw that though.. Thanks for the back-story!

GDR is a beast on the feet, her ground game is a bit suspect, for some reason they thought it would be a good idea to put anna elmose against her, thats 5'3 against 5'9.
elmose is a tough little girl tho

Back