Fighters You've Always Wanted/Really (Still) Want To See Fight In Person

Chacos9466

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Hello all,

As the yearly Chicago card takes shape (which is the only one I get to go to each year) I started reflecting on how great it is to follow a fighter for years then get to watch him/her in person. Obviously you can never be guaranteed a card will turn out well or that the crowd will be enthusiastic (which I think pushes the energy in the arena up and leads to better fights) but I always feel thrilled when I get to cross someone off my list.

So here is my (unofficial and incomplete) list as of right now:
Gomi (check)
Lauzon (check)
Jim Miller (check)
Dodson (check)
Caceres (check)
Cowboy (check)
Sexiyama
JDS
Machida
Moroz
Maia
Big Country
McCall
Alan Jouban
Penn (at this point, I know it'd be ugly but he refuses to retire so there's still a chance)

What about all of you? And for all of you serious MMA vets who might not want to write out a whole thing, who were your particular faves that you got to see in person?

Conor McGregor
Stefan Struve
Chris Weidman
Jon Jones
Demetrious Johnson (see him on twitch)
Conor McGregor
Georges St. Pierre
Ben Rothwell
Daniel Cormier

I think watching Fedor live would be a real treat.

Shake Gsp's and Sam Stout hand.
Richard Walsh took a seat in the stand after his fight in Quebec city. He was 2 row in front of me.

Would love to see Hunt, seem like a real cool guy!

any brawler really, Ramapge , Wanderlei

Fedor, Anderson, Shogun, GSP, Werdum, Barnett, Rory, Wand, HUNTO, Sakuraba, to name a few

Nogueira wand and cro cop and gsp. Pretty much met everyone else on my list for the most part.

I wanna sit cageside on a DJ fight. Just to really get a close live look at that speed son.

Randy is someone I never got to see fight live, or met ringside

And the Diaz brothers

Georges St-Pierre, Frankie Edgar, Frank Mir, Carlos Condit, Conor McGregor and Nate Diaz.

And Shogun. Who I'll finally see at UFC 198. Can't wait. I hope Corey Anderson don't fuck things up for me. LOL.

Met in person? How'd you manage that?

I worked in journalism /photography in mma for a few years,and some through just being involved in the martial arts scene/training etc in nyc,the place to be :D
This is just met in person,not fight in person,although i have seen some of my faves fight. Or guys turned out to be big later on

Last edited:
I just want to see the UFC in Denmark, I don't care who's fighting.

Probably would have happened, if Kampmann had won a few of the fights he lost.

Ive seen a couple of my favorites fight like JDS, Matt Brown, RDA, and Nate Diaz.

Im gonna try to attend the NY event if Jones headlines.

Watching The Last Emperor fight would be awesome but i would be contempt just by watching him train

Would be great to meet, have a little talk or take a pic with any of these

Crocop
Miesha Tate
Yves Edwards
Chan Sung Jung
Paul Taylor

shit i never met ronda neither,i almost had the chance,because she was near my job,but couldnt get out in time

EDIT: i attended a press conference she was at but didnt get to meet

Last edited:
Back