Eddie Wineland vs Frankie Saenz added to UFC on FOX 20

SUBLIME FAN

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
http://www.redeyechicago.com/sports...ns-ufc-chicago-fight-card-20160503-story.html

Awesome scrap. This is the fight I was calling for. I just made a thread a few days ago wondering where Eddie Wineland is.

Card Now Features -
Eddie Wineland vs Frankie Saenz
Darren Elkins vs Godofredo Pepey
Ryan LaFlare vs Alexander Yakolev
Felice Herrig vs Kailin Curran
Alex Oliviera vs James Moontasri
Luis Henrique vs Dmitry Smolyakov
George Sullivan vs Hector Urbina

Prelims are filling up but not a main card fight in sight, yet.

Saenz, UD. Wineland retires or is cut.

Good scrap, but I hope they will announce some bigger fight for Chicago.

They don't have a ton a big name available tho.

Have to wait for the fallout of 198 and CO I guess..

Have trained with Eddie before he's a good dude hard worker. Drove like 100 miles to go to train Bjj. Haven't heard the name in long long time

Btw good job again Sublime, always quick on the news

Wow. I didn't realize that Laflare was fighting Yakolev. That fight is Going to be very, very close; they both excel at grappling, and they've both been showing an improved stand up game. I'm hyped for that fight.

Back to the the thread topic: Saenz is a tough fight back for Wineland.

As a chicago resident, this card looks very disappointing compared to the last one. It's one thing to only come to Chicago once a year, but this is not cool. Last year's card had Dillashaw, Barao, Tate, Eye, Barboza, Felder, Lauzon, Gomi, Miller, and more. Now they come back a year later and not a single one of the 7 fights announced is even remotely noteworthy. The main card will have to be amazing to justify going at all.

As a chicago resident, this card looks very disappointing compared to the last one. It's one thing to only come to Chicago once a year, but this is not cool. Last year's card had Dillashaw, Barao, Tate, Eye, Barboza, Felder, Lauzon, Gomi, Miller, and more. Now they come back a year later and not a single one of the 7 fights announced is even remotely noteworthy. The main card will have to be amazing to justify going at all.
JDS Vs Barnett
Bader Vs Gustafsson
Woodley Vs Magny

I expect fight of that level.
that's 3 possible match-up
Nothing book for those guy's yet.

JDS Vs Barnett
Bader Vs Gustafsson
Woodley Vs Magny

Woodley - Robbie for the belt?

My fingers are crossed.

Wow. I didn't realize that Laflare was fighting Yakolev. That fight is Going to be very, very close; they both excel at grappling, and they've both been showing an improved stand up game. I'm hyped for that fight.

Back to the the thread topic: Saenz is a tough fight back for Wineland.

I was just to post something about this fight, I think it could be very boring because of their styles, I hope not

JDS Vs Barnett
Bader Vs Gustafsson
Woodley Vs Magny

Any of those matchups would be amazing. I suppose I need to also remember that a lot of top guys are fighting at 198 and 199 (which is ~6 weeks from the card but is a doable turn around depending on damage taking) so there will be more options after those cards have happened.

Hopefully Eddie didnt break his jaw when he said I'm in.

I would not fret, I expect to see some top flight fire power at the top of this card.

Eddie should be a bad style match-up for Frankie but Eddie also seems to be at the lower end of his career while Saenz is peaking. I'll go with Eddie but Saenz can definitely win this.

I think Rumble-Glover headlines this card.

Back