UFC announces event in Hamburg, Germany on September 3rd

Jack Power

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
https://www.gnp1.de/mma/mma-deutschland/news/ufc-verkuendet-event-in-hamburg/

csm_ufc_hamburg_screen_e61f3b85e0.png

ufc-wfd.jpg

Waitaminute... maybe not the best choice of words for Germany.

Hm.

McGregor/Siver II?

Also the date WW2 started...

Khabib vs siver. Muslim vs nazi

The German cards usually are quality-wise rather poor.

UFC 99 in 2009 had a decent card.
UFC 122 in 2010 was an insult.
Fight Night 41 in 2014 was below average.
Fight Night 69 in 2015 was not a strong card overall, but no complaints there as it had a title fight with JJ.

At least they are back.

Initially the thought of visiting Hamburg for a UFC event seems quite a cool idea but then you remember that the German cards are usually dreadful. I'll miss it I imagine.

Roll out the usual suspects....

Dennis Siver, Nick Hein, Peter Sobotta, Jarjis Danho...that new lad, Jessin Ayari. A few poles - Bartosz Fabinski, Marcin Tybura. A few Brits. Then a decent headliner, card complete.

They should be cheeky and throw all of Dana's master race children on there. Northcutt smashing some can, Ronda smashing some can #OnceEver, Paige winning a hotly contested decision against some can, and McGregor maybe actually defending the title (sike).

Hopefully they give Mairbek someone like Dariush. Mairbek speaks Austrian.... (German), so he should be a star they like.

When I was a little kid, people used to tell me Hamburg in Germany was called that, because that was where they invented the hamburger. I always thought that was bullshit. Then later I realised for sure it was bs. I mean wtf were people thinking?

Back