Conor McGregor should defend his belt once...

Coughman

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
...before campaigning for a Diaz rematch. It makes no sense to me why the current featherweight champion is allowed to take a break from his mandatory title defense for the sake of entertaining his own whims. UNLESS said fighter made the company more money in 2015 than any other fighter has made for the UFC combined.

If this were anyone else I'd understanding being pulled from UFC 200, but Conor McGregor is Conor McGregor. You can't treat him like the frankie edgar's or stephen thompson's of the company. It's like working at a sales job and you fire the man who made 1000 sales in a weekend but keep too bums who only made a couple sales every week. I'm not seeing the logic.

McGregor should he keep his word from the UFC 196 post fight presser and go back down to his rightful division and defend his belt. They say a champion is not a champion until he defends his belt. Conor McGregor has some work to do.

Yeah that would be nice, keep hearing about how he won't make 145 again though.

The McGregor belt?

He's gotta win it back off Nate bro.

"Fake it 'till you make it."

The above axiom applies to MANY endeavors, unfortunately for Conor, his version of "making it" equates to money...

He certainly got away with cutting to 145 for a little while, but those days are definitely over, therefore, he was a "fake" 145 pound fighter...in a manner of speaking, as well as a TOTALLY fake 170 pound fighter...

...but he'll face the music soon enough, in the form of a legit 155 pound fighter.

Goodnight Conor once again.

Nate's the 145 champ homie

ufc-196-diaz-watermarked.gif

IF he can get down to 145 again his chances of winning against anyone are slim if you ask me. Last three times he looked pretty close to dead on the scale.

Yeah that would be nice, keep hearing about how he won't make 145 again though.
He can make the weight. He just needs to supplement his diet with a special candy bar.
ngbbs49432292ecdd6.jpg
88d2104e661ebe7dada47128cfd86c836161cae59e47931fb982b9999e71248c_large
latest
ranking-the-weigh-in-gauntness-of-conor-mcgregor-for-his-7-ufc-fights.jpg

He'll only defend it if Aldo beats Frankie.

"Fake it 'till you make it."

The above axiom applies to MANY endeavors, unfortunately for Conor, his version of "making it" equates to money...

He certainly got away with cutting to 145 for a little while, but those days are definitely over, therefore, he was a "fake" 145 pound fighter...in a manner of speaking, as well as a TOTALLY fake 170 pound fighter...

...but he'll face the music soon enough, in the form of a legit 155 pound fighter.

Goodnight Conor once again.

So the guy who hasn't missed weight at 145 is a "fake 145lb fighter"?

DnF5rB7.gif

So the guy who hasn't missed weight at 145 is a "fake 145lb fighter"?

DnF5rB7.gif

"Fake" in the sense that...the writing was on the wall.

Many people on Sherdog (myself included) said that 145 was NOT his weight actual class. I foresaw that he was primarily being greedy...in order to fight naturally smaller fighters, (thus augmenting his best attribute...which is his punching power) but all the while he was obviously putting himself in harms way. (cutting has killed MANY a fighter)

"Fake" in the sense that...assuming he cannot go down to that weight anymore, (he would be wise to not even consider it) what kind of "legacy" has he built there?

He quickly rose to fame...and choked in shame.

His UFC 200 antics have tainted everything he's done, and frankly, he deserves to be mocked to the Nth degree.

I hate him and his antics. I also completely despise his nuthuggers. Guys a sham. And shows it with every tweet.

145 is all Conor has left.

Its totally implausible to believe that after getting beating by Nate, Conor is going to think to himself "well gee, i just got beat by the 6 or 7th ranked LW, fuck going back down to 145 again. Im just gonna stay here in the LW shark tank and just spend the rest of my career as a top 10-15 ranked LW".

i would find it alot funnier him not defending it and just vacating it. would be a lot of rustled jimmies between aldo and edgar.

but if conor left fw tomorrow to lightweight (after he does his exhibition match with diaz) i think both aldo and edgar would want to follow him up to lightweight.

He cant make 145 without using illegal weight cutting drugs. Usada exposed coonor

Back