What are the worse injuries/conditions of fighters who made the walk?

tuff juice

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
In an interview Mark Schulz mentioned having 2 herniated cervical discs at his last Olympic Trials, competing at the trials, healing, and then competing in the Olympics. Can anyone confirm if he had discs in his necks fused and then later competed in the Octagon or even competed in the UFC with unfused herniated cervical discs? Can't imagine fighting with a shot neck.

Fabio Maldonado mentioning he's been competing with neck issues that have set him back at times,even recently.

Weidman reportedly had a broken foot. Anderson had ED and still made the walk. Fighters are rarely 100%, but who are some fighters who have fought with severe injuries.

Johny Hendricks going into the first Lawler fight with, in his words, "one arm".

Nogueira simply making it to the cage is a feat in itself.

Tito Ortiz stepped up with a cracked skull.

Lindland fighting while smelling like a homeless orgy.

I always remember not a physical, but a terrible psychological condition that a fighter had to overcome to fight. Vitor made that walk to fight Randy Couture for the light heavyweight belt just days after his sister was kidnapped.

Poor Vitor, this is one sad story. I really feel for him and his family.

Matt Hamill had noticeable staph against Jardine. JDS with a torn meniscus against Cain for the 1st fight.

Didn't Cruz fight TJ with a foot injury that got seriously aggravated during the fight?

How does erectile disfunction interfere with Andersons fighting skill?

Didn't Cruz fight TJ with a foot injury that got seriously aggravated during the fight?
Yeah, plantar fascia. I couldn't even imagine fighting and moving around like he was.

Back