Werdum is going to lose to Miocic.

Cptn1NSAN0

shows no mercy
@Silver
Reaction score
Stipe's time is now, his style is a nightmare for Werdum. Everything is on his side for this fight. He has the stylistic advantage, physical advantages like size, reach and speed, and is five years younger with much less mileage.

I see the fight playing out like this: Stipe avoids the clinch and uses his wrestling to keep the fight on the feet. There he'll use his boxing to keep Werdum at bay with hard leads and combos, pushing a hard pace that will wear out the champ a bit and keep him on the backfoot. I think Stipe is just too smart, strong, and too good of a wrestler to get drawn into any extended scrambles with Werdum. The champ's striking has been looking greatly improved these last two years but I believe Miocic will beat him there. Even if he does land something big, Werdum isn't really a swarming type finisher so I think Stipe can recover. He's got a pretty good chin.

Stipe Miocic by decision.

I think so. I hope so.

I'll be there. Rooting for Stipe. If I never post here again, you'll know that the crowd killed me.

I would be surprised. I think Werdum takes this fairly easily.

Werdum will win, Werdum and Master Cordeiro will have a great gameplan going into this fight.. I think Miocic is getting very overrated after beating that glass jaw Arlovski.

He will put out the fire in werdum

stipe's rise and climb has been amazing, all while being a legitimate top tier fighter. that said, I believe werdum may submit him, I think the werdums striking is at a very high level, he has a great chin and he's just in a zone. I can see werdum winning this fight. Stipe won't coast to a win, if anything he'll catch werdum early as stipe is exceptional with landing punches without needING to feel opponents out, I've never seen a fighter that accurate early on in fights

This is a pick em fight for me.

Werdum has more overall weapons and ways to win the fight, but Stipe has really nice hands and good enough wrestling to give anyone probs.

I think Stipe may win by controlling the distance and using his boxing. But he will have to fight a flawless fight. One mistake against Doom and that's all she wrote.

Werdum wins this fight easily.

I can see it happening.

Was a huge fan of Werdum when he was on his tear but can't get behind champs who don't fight for a full year. I'll always root for fighters that are far more active and wish to stay active.

I could be wrong, and someone correct if you know otherwise, but I don't see Stipe as the kind of guy who wants to sit out once he gets the belt.

I just want active champions.

werdum by being a vastly superior fighter

not that big of a leap, very possible, the odds arent that far off

I dont understand how you think Stipe is a "stylistic nightmare" for Werdum. You listed some physical advantages he has but nothing to do with his style. As far as I can see Stipe is only the better boxer. Werdums world class jiu jitsu defeats Stipes not so elite wrestling and Werdum is the far better more diverse striker. Stipe doesnt even know how to kick it seems.

I see Stipe lunging for a takedown and getting caught in a guillotine in round 2 or 3.

Are you serious?! Fuck!!!! I really wanted Werdum to win!

Stipe is a weaker version of Cain in every way. Unless Werdum takes him lightly, he should take it. Especially if Stipe tries taking it to the ground.

I dont understand how you think Stipe is a "stylistic nightmare" for Werdum. You listed some physical advantages he has but nothing to do with his style. As far as I can see Stipe is only the better boxer. Werdums world class jiu jitsu defeats Stipes not so elite wrestling and Werdum is the far better more diverse striker. Stipe doesnt even know how to kick it seems.
Stipe has the wrestling to dictate where the fight takes place and the speed, boxing and cardio to give Werdum problems there. I thin he will keep it a boxing match, and when Werdum tries to kickbox I think he will get punished with fast leads and hard counters.

This is a pick em fight for me.

Werdum has more overall weapons and ways to win the fight, but Stipe has really nice hands and good enough wrestling to give anyone probs.

I think Stipe may win by controlling the distance and using his boxing. But he will have to fight a flawless fight. One mistake against Doom and that's all she wrote.

This is nearly identical to my thinking.

Stipe has the goods, but he cannot afford a mistake. If he fights patient and technical I can see him winning impressively. He's certainly durable enough for a war if it comes to it, and it may.

For his part Werdum has looked like his fight IQ is through the roof.

Excellent fight.

Pretty even match up imo, should be a good fight.

Stipe is a weaker version of Cain in every way. Unless Werdum takes him lightly, he should take it. Especially if Stipe tries taking it to the ground.

I've seen this said before and it confuses me a little.

Surely Miocic has shown better boxing, footwork and range than Cain?

I think pretty clearly Cain is the better clinch cage fighter and Stipe is far better boxing in open water. Just two different guys who both can wrestle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back