JDS as Dominick Cruz

Bonesy1116

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I'll preface this post by saying that I'm a big JDS fan. Unfortunately, he's been getting so beat up lately that he channeled his inner Dominick Cruz in his win against Ben Rothwell. It was a good win for him, one in which he sustained little damage. But I really don't want to see that from him again. Running around on the outside, avoiding just about every chance to engage and flicking his nice jab repeatedly, doesn't do anything for me as an MMA fan.

That being said, I'm not suggesting he just wade in in his next fight and war it up with another HW monster. Maybe some smarter in and out fighting than what he has displayed in that past few years. Sherdoggers are correct that his defense just isn't that great and he is entirely too hittable. I just can't take five more rounds of that "technical" virtuosity, especially among heavyweights. Actually, I hate it in all weight classes.

An accusation of "being Dominick Cruz" is a huge fucking compliment.

So you don't want him to lay it safe but you don't want him to get in a war? Perfect post to illustrate how fickle MMA fans are. JDS has given us multiple exciting wars.

Lmao. He hit Rothwell with a downright evil overhand right that KO's everyone in the division except... Ben Rothwell. If he finishes Rothwell with that, this topic doesn't even exist.

His strategy was just fine. He's still a contender. 3 grueling fights doesn't end someones career. Stop this retarded meme already.

Last edited:
So he inflicted the most damage possible and recieved the least damage possible? stupid strategy.

So you dislike foot work, technique, and movement? Basically the essence of true mixed martial arts fighting....

Leave the brawling for YouTube.

Actually I really enjoyed seeing him not get beat to a pulp for once. It was a beautiful performance. He was smart and tactful and it was far from boring.

I don't want to see 240 lb guys running for the hills or anyone else for that matter. It's not like there are only two choices, rockem sockem robots and running around the cage. I'm sure you get what I'm saying, but as usual, the nitpickers will nitpick. More power to you if you enjoy heavyweight fights like that.

Actually I really enjoyed seeing him not get beat to a pulp for once. It was a beautiful performance. He was smart and tactful and it was far from boring.

After two rounds, I was quite sure who would win and that the fight would go the distance. I agree with your response, I just want the old JDS back.

LszmMDk.gif

i'll take JDS with footwork and a decision over maybe KO'ing the guy, but moving like shit.

That being said, anybody else is finished in that fight besides rothwell, guy has an ATG ability to not get KO'd, arlovski finishing him is tremendous

I'll preface this post by saying that I'm a big JDS fan. Unfortunately, he's been getting so beat up lately that he channeled his inner Dominick Cruz in his win against Ben Rothwell. It was a good win for him, one in which he sustained little damage. But I really don't want to see that from him again. Running around on the outside, avoiding just about every chance to engage and flicking his nice jab repeatedly, doesn't do anything for me as an MMA fan.

That being said, I'm not suggesting he just wade in in his next fight and war it up with another HW monster. Maybe some smarter in and out fighting than what he has displayed in that past few years. Sherdoggers are correct that his defense just isn't that great and he is entirely too hittable. I just can't take five more rounds of that "technical" virtuosity, especially among heavyweights. Actually, I hate it in all weight classes.
He fought absolutely nothing like Cruz. Jesus Christ TS.

[QUOTE="KONE, post: 116344703, member: 486773"

[/QUOTE]

Unreal.

After two rounds, I was quite sure who would win and that the fight would go the distance. I agree with your response, I just want the old JDS back.

Actually after the fight I was left feeling that the old JDS IS back. He was fast, used good footwork, wasnt hesitant, still had thunderous power and he was CIRCLING which is actually an improvement upon the old JDS. Also used the jab alot again. Looked just like the JDS that fought Carwin if not better. The fact he couldnt just take him out had more to do with Rothwell than JDS. The fight goes the same way for every super durable guy like Nelson and Carwin. Both went to decision. Being tactful isnt really anything new to JDS. Sure hes had his fair share of quick finishes but hes also had some that went the distance where he had to pick his shots more.

Who said anything about him being done? Mofo is ranked fourth.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back