Did Phoenix Jones turn down a UFC contract?

RiotWyatt

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I know it's been some time but I was wondering why the UFC hasn't attempted to bring this guy in the octagon. After a little research, I discovered a few things.

He tweeted that he had contract offers from every MMA org.

He ultimately signed with WSOF because, as he stated, "They didn't want me to stop being Phoenix Jones." Other orgs said that, "They had the rights to the Phoenix Jones name, so they were going to make dolls and action figures and stuff."

This sounds like something the UFC would have in their contracts.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/3/1...sof-because-they-didn-t-want-me-to-stop-being

His brother was in the UFC...who is evidently his next opponent in WSOF. Maybe he didn't want to sign his likeness away for eternity.

If he is actually fighting his brother..

Has something like that EVER happened in mma before?

I know that Jon Jones' younger and older brothers faced each other on their opsing football teams though. But thats different.

Shit have RELATIVES even fought before in mma? They even go as far as chosing different weight classes to avoid each other wonder if these brothers actually get along or what.

I know that Jon Jones' younger and older brothers faced each other on their opsing football teams though. But thats different.

Shit have RELATIVES even fought before in mma? They even go as far as chosing different weight classes to avoid each other wonder if these brothers actually get along or what.

There was some serious Hughes vs Hughes barn action.

Apparently the guy is a real-life superhero

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenix_Jones

edit: wtf....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real-life_superhero

For reals.. Fuck does Thunder Bay ever need some of these guys.

Well, if pepper spraying drunks counts as a superpower...

Have you guys not seen his mutual combat street fight video in front of Seattle police? I find that hard to believe. I'd post it but it probably counts as a streetfighting video here.

Nice leg kicks...even funnier when the guy tries kicking him back.

Yes it has happened before
Theres a thread in the contenders

Have you guys not seen his mutual combat street fight video in front of Seattle police? I find that hard to believe.

Nice leg kicks...even funnier when the guy tries kicking him back.

Yeah, I saw that video. He also leg kicks drunks.

I don't hate the guy, but I'm not a Phoenix Jones fan. He really just seems to hunt around for situations where he can legally get away with as much as he can for the power + adrenaline rush. He had plenty of chances to keep walking away from that mutual combat guy, but turned back around every time that guy talked shit.

Christ, this shit is worse than BELAGARTH,.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=bele...ved=0ahUKEwiEu5L0sb_MAhUDbxQKHaJsA7wQ_AUIBigB

Anglave_okfest07_00.jpg

The guy is a legit MMA fighter. He is marketable. I'm sure the UFC would've been all over his Phoenix Jones persona.

The guy is a legit MMA fighter. He is marketable. I'm sure the UFC would've been all over his Phoenix Jones persona.
He has looked pretty shitty in his WSOF fights. He'd get rekt in the UFC.

Does he know know to stop pregnant lady hit-and-runs?

Pheonix Jones vs Jon Jones.. make it happen.. Light vs Dark

Last thing the UFC wants is some kind of vicarious liability suit for this guy's crimefighting, especially if they endorse his Phoenix Jones persona. Sounds like trouble.

Isn't that the super tough super hero guy that got stabbed trying to break up a weed deal? Lmfao

Back