Does Fili's loss to Rodriguez expose the state of team Alpha Male?

MigitAs

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Watching the fight

I couldn't help but feel Fili wasn't acting like himself, even performing the way he
normally does, he looked sloppy, lost, and his cardio was a huge issue.

Does this point to a serious decline in the quality of training at Team Alpha Male?

Anyone think things are looking grim for Urijah against Cruz?

Just some questions

Also, I'm totally assuming Fili is still training there and hasn't jumped ship like dillashaw and benevidez

Discuss guys

Pretty clear their amazing 2014 was due to Bang. Wonder if at any point people will take their heads out of their asses about TJ and realize he made the right decision. There is a reason he, and later Benavidez left.

Pretty clear their amazing 2014 was due to Bang. Wonder if at any point people will take their heads out of their asses about TJ and realize he made the right decision. There is a reason he, and later Benavidez left.

I obviously can't speak for everyone, but personally, my main problem with TJ and Duane is not leaving, but their attitude towards Faber and Team Alpha Male. They didn't just leave. Apparently, they see every interview as an opportunity to diss and talk shit about Urijah for nothing.

It's a really ssssssssssssssucker move by them.

I obviously can't speak for everyone, but personally, my main problem with TJ and Duane is not leaving, but their attitude towards Faber and Team Alpha Male. They didn't just leave. Apparently, they see every interview as an opportunity to diss and talk shit about Urijah for nothing.

I don't know about Duane, he does seem like a douchecanoe, but I'm pretty certain TJ didn't talk any shit until Faber did. Faber started talking a ton of shit soon after TUF, then TJ obviously responded.

Dillishaw made the right move for his career, but I think what most people are put off with his how he went about it.

He wanted to have his cake and eat it too. And I don't think Faber would go on an epic rant for no reason on the MMAHour exposing how Dillishaw wasn't up front about his move.

But anyways, yes Team Alpha Male needs a legit striking coach. They have 2 fighters acting as coaches right now and I don't think either of them are that good. There just seems to be a whole lot of mismanagement going on there with Faber's easy going nature.

No because Rodriguez is a special talent, it will be exposed when No loves chin gets cracked by Thominhas and Faber gets shutout in a 50-45 UD within the span of a week

No not for me, Rodriguez is a super talent and he is gonna go far, Fili was put in there for Rodriguez to beat. Fili could have been with any team and same thing would have happened.

Now that Urijah and TJ have something in common (Cruz) maybe they will kiss and make up.

I think Duane is by far a better striking coach than who they have now and I love TAM. I love Fabers work at recruiting people from Central Valley Ca since it is such a shitty place and needs those opportunities but without better coaches they will just be a stepping stones for fighters on their way up.
Martin Kampmann was a bad fit in my mind since he didn't really fix the problems in TAM striking the way Duane did by adding better movement and combinations.
I also think it was a terrible idea to make Buchholz the head coach right now since he is TAM through and through so i think its leading to a bit of stagnation.

They really need someone from the outside to come in and make changes to make this camp great.

Dillishaw made the right move for his career, but I think what most people are put off with his how he went about it.

He wanted to have his cake and eat it too. And I don't think Faber would go on an epic rant for no reason on the MMAHour exposing how Dillishaw wasn't up front about his move.

But anyways, yes Team Alpha Male needs a legit striking coach. They have 2 fighters acting as coaches right now and I don't think either of them are that good. There just seems to be a whole lot of mismanagement going on there with Faber's easy going nature.

I agree he should of told Faber sooner, but I also understand that it was probably an incredibly hard thing to do. Tell the guy who took you from college and helped you get into the sport that you are leaving him, his only champion. Just because he kind of kept it from you for awhile isn't really an excuse to ridicule and bash him publicly.

No not for me, Rodriguez is a super talent and he is gonna go far, Fili was put in there for Rodriguez to beat. Fili could have been with any team and same thing would have happened.
These are my thoughts exactly, while Fili is a decent prospect in his own right, Yair had beaten better opposition and was given Andre to showcase his skillset in to a wider audience in the main card.

I wasn't surprised when I heard that Yair won, what surprised me was the fact that he scored a knockout, let alone one as unique as that one. I didn't think he had that kind of power when I saw his fights against Rosa and Hooker, guess those dudes are just tough as nails.

After writing all that shit I have just come to the realization that i'm basically sucking on Yair's cock. Like seriously, this could be a hype piece from Rogan, all I need is some of his facial expressions and some "ohhh! He's rocked!" "His striking is world class".

I echo the sentiment that it wasn't Touchy performing badly so much as it is Rodriguez is the mother fucking truth. Put some respeck on his name.

Cody Garbrant is the only guy with fairly solid boxing skills (not skills he obtained at TAM), the others are just jack of all trades in their stand up.
Fili is talented but sloppy & lacks proper fundamentals, this is due to TAM stand up coaches lack the credentials & knowledge for the striking fundamentals.

Faber is really mismanaging TAM. At least it appear that way from the outside. Seriously they have come up short so many times. What is it going to take to make him realize that the coaching over there is not top notch like other teams. The training partners are, but the coaches are not.

You guys don't think Fili looked worse than in his previous fights? His cardio was like non-existent and he looked like a shadow of his former self imo

or fili just isn't as good as you thought and yair is better.

giphy.gif

Rodriguez is a blue-chip prospect but it only exposes the fact Fili is an average FW. Expected big things from him but he's hit his ceiling IMO.

Back