Stipe's BJJ

megaton

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Been watching stipe's fights for a while, he seems to avoid grappling at most measures. He's uses his wrestling effectively to control opponents on the ground, but none of them have had the grappling chops of Werdum. Werdum was able to catch Cain on a takedown, and has great subs from his back, might be able to catch him off guard.
Can't wait for this fight!

Been watching stipe's fights for a while, he seems to avoid grappling at most measures. He's uses his wrestling effectively to control opponents on the ground, but none of them have had the grappling chops of Werdum. Werdum was able to catch Cain on a takedown, and has great subs from his back, might be able to catch him off guard.

Stipe's BJJ coach has stated he uses a wrestling based approach to his BJJ. Which basically means he smothers, GnP's and avoids subs.

I think if he stays entirely away from any TD's the fight is his to win.

Werdum's striking is way over-rated. He was eating a lot of knuckle sandwiches from Cain.

I'm guessing Stipe's gameplan has quite a bit of not-rolling-around-with-werdum in it.

Stipe's BJJ coach has stated he uses a wrestling based approach to his BJJ. Which basically means he smothers, GnP's and avoids subs.

Werdum's striking is way over-rated. He was eating a lot of knuckle sandwiches from Cain.
Agreed stipe's striking is second I think only to the Reem's and on par with JDS, (stipe's more technical JDS speed and power).
Should be a great fight

Stipe has only been taken down once in his entire career, a takedown by JDS, but it only lasted a few seconds. This is why I think Stipe is gonna beat Werdum, because he will decide where the fight is, Werdum does not have good takedowns. Stipe will make it a boxing match and he is way too fast for Werdum. I see him lighting Werdum up and either winning by TKO or unanimous decision.

He should stand with the doom because if he decide to grapple with him hes going to find out the hard way.

No matter how awesome his grappling might be, he would be an absolute fool to grapple with Werdum unless he shoots out of desperation after getting tagged a la Conor/Diaz.

No matter how awesome his grappling might be, he would be an absolute fool to grapple with Werdum unless he shoots out of desperation after getting tagged a la Conor/Diaz.
Seems likely he will end up doing exactly that after eating knees in the clinch.
Stipe has no kicking game at all, he is a jab/right cross striker only.
He won't want to take Werdum down so he is stuck with only punching as an advantage against a much more well rounded fighter.

People think werdum stand-up is overated but he's absolutely whooped everybody in his ufc return. He even kod mark hunt for good measure.
His clinch game is top notch as well. Oh! And he has the best ground game too.
These are hws so stipe could knock him out but I think it's very unlikely.

Only overeem and maybe jds are good enough onnthe feet to dictate where the fight goes with werdum.
All imo

I really bjj will not be a factor on this fight,well on Stipe's side.everyone knows that grappling with Werdum would be a suicide.Boxing with takedown defense would be Stipe's keys to victory.

Stipe's counterwrestling is gonna help him immensely in this fight. It all comes down to his chin and head movement.

cain is a good striker, hes not just a wrestler... i mean he outstruck JDS soundly for 5 rounds

Werdum out struck Cain, Browne, KO'd Hunt, almost killed Nelson & Russow.

What has Stipe exactly done standing that's impressed you? Get beat up by the ghost of JDS? Or maybe his striking display against Gonzaga... The only man who beat Gonzaga but didn't TKO him in the last 6 years. The other 5 finished Gonzaga easy. It must be TKOing Arlovski... lol.

Werdum has been far, far, FAR more impressive standing.

He will get submitted in this fight, I honestly believe that.

I do not know what you boys see in Miocic. He is a solid fighter, who's got the potential to be elite - but he's not even a full-time fighter.

I always hear about this "amazing" boxing that he supposedly has. I honestly think it's overrated, and you'll see that when Werdum kicks his ass on the feet.

Stipe is what you call overrated. He is good, but he is not "that good" yet!

Stipe will avoid going to the ground if he knows what's good for him.

Keep the fight standing and try to defeat Werdum on their feet. Stipe has the wrestling skills to keep the fight standing, and Werdum isn't exactly a wizard at takedowns. It's going to come down to a standup war.

Whoever gets the better of the standup wins this fight.

People think werdum stand-up is overated but he's absolutely whooped everybody in his ufc return. He even kod mark hunt for good measure.
His clinch game is top notch as well. Oh! And he has the best ground game too.
These are hws so stipe could knock him out but I think it's very unlikely.

Only overeem and maybe jds are good enough onnthe feet to dictate where the fight goes with werdum.
All imo

The only good striker Werdum beat in the UFC is Hunt. Cain is not a striker. He is a wrestler. Who gets the better of strikers standing because they're all afraid of his takedown. It's a styles matchup. Werdum defeated his sorry ass standing because he took that element of Cain's standup away.

Stipe is a better striker than Werdum and his destruction of Arlovski is far more impressive than Werdum's destruction of Hunt. Arlovski is also a bigger win, despite what most of you seem to be thinking.

Not saying Stipe beats Werdum easy. It's a difficult gameplan Stipe needs to follow to beat Werdum -- but he can do it. All of you people are acting as if Werdum wins this anyway he wants, whenever he wants, while having sex with his wife and not breaking a sweat.

That's not going to be the case.

Miocic is going to follow Overeem's blueprint to beating Werdum. He has most of the tools to do so. Whether he can succeed or not is a different story, but I get the feeling he will pull this one off.

cain is a good striker, hes not just a wrestler... i mean he outstruck JDS soundly for 5 rounds

He good but not great. I wouldn't call anyone whose a dirty boxer and relies on absorbing punishment a great striker. It's about evasiness, head movement, angles and blocking and he does little of any of those just comes at you till he wears you out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back