Gunnar Nelson vs Neil Magny...who takes it?

Fallout King

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I always thought this would be the matchup when both lost to Maia. Still a good fight though who win in this fight?

Magny grinds on him in route to a decision victory

Magny just beat Lombard and is one fight from a TS.

Gunnar has advantages, but Magny is a gamer..... thats a tough one. Current form would favour Magny, but as I said Gunnar has advantages over Magny that could win him the fight

Gunnar is a live dog in this fight.

Magny is in trouble if this gets to the ground

Magny is too big for him IMO. It would probably make Gunnar thinking about dropping a division

I gotta go with Magny in that fight.

...yehhnahhhh
Yeah huhhhhhh. Lombard was high ranked, and Magny's wins before the Maia loss got him in the door. One high octane fight with a top contender such as Woodley, Condit, or Rory vs WB loser and Magny will be the number one challenger.

I like the idea of that fight, would be an interesting matchup. But I have to take Magny.

Magny would dominate.

Magney's sub defense has always been his weakness, for sure, BUT

1: Magney has the best work ethic of any active fighter alive. You can tell that between his losses to Moraes and Maia, he improved tremendously.

2: Nelson is obviously a few steps below Maia.

So, while the matchup is compelling, a little, like maybe Nelson catches him with a trip and gets a sub, all Sonnen/Maia style or something, it's not gonna happen. Nelson seems like a dope ass motherfucker to catch a beer with, but he is undersized and too one dimensional to be a top lightweight in the UFC. Magney would dominate him 9 out of 10 times.

I would pick Magny to dominate this fight. Gunnar probably has the grappling advantage, but Magny in the wrestling, striking, strength, size. I'm sure Gunnar would put up the best fight he could, but I feel Magny is the superior fighter by a pretty good margin.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back