What are your 5 most anticipated fights this Sunday?

SUBLIME FAN

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I think we're in for a really for card this coming Sunday. It's a really nice looking card from top to bottom in my option. Here's the 5 bouts I'm looking forward to most.

1 - Albert Tumenov vs Gunnar Nelson

2 incredibly talented guys that are both still very fresh in there UFC careers. This honestly could be one of my most anticipated fights of the entire year. Tumenov has turned into everyone's favorite prospect, and for good reason as the dude is a killer and a very, very dangerous striker. Great boxing, but also very underrated kicks in my opinion. Let's not forget his insane knockout over Matt Dwyer. Gunnar is both an awesome striker, and awesome grappler, which the grappling department is surly where Gunnar should have a nice edge over Einstein, but weather he can get him to the flood remains to be seen. As for striking goes that's where this fight is most interesting to most I'm sure. Gunnar probably would like to keep his distance and snipe in from the outside, while I picture Albert wanting to get in tight and use some of that deadly boxing. He needs to make it nasty. Gonna be so interesting to see how this plays out on the feet. And I do believe someone is getting ko'd here.
•••••••••••••

2 - Allistair Overeem vs Andrei Arlovski

I'll admit this wasn't the fight I was wanting them to make nor do I think it really makes sense, but I suppose it was the best option. But as we get closer I think about it matchup wise and it certainly has garnered my interest more and more. Obviously the fact that these guys both train at JacksonWink is extremely interesting, and even more interesting that Jackson and Winklejon will be in Andrei's corner. I mean as Ariel said Monday, those guys are partially the reason Allistair is where he is today, and why he's been doing so well. Just gonna be incredibly interesting to see what the gameplan will be for both men. But it would shock me if this one ends up on the floor at all. I imagine a nice technical standup fight until someone gets caught. And I believe that man will be Andrei.
••••••••••••

3 - Chris Wade vs Rustam Khabilov

Chris Wade has been on fire going 4-0 in the UFC and is starting to look like a potential top guy. And this is without a doubt the toughest test of his career in Rustam. Both are great grapplers. Should be interesting to see who can cancel the other out. Khabilov was once a guy who was considered to be a top prospect but he's had a few setbacks and that hype has died down a little, but I still believe he can go very far in the division, and a win over a hot prosoect like Wade would prove a lot. And the same can be said for Wade. This would be the biggest win of his career for sure and would propel him into a real nice fight.
••••••••••••
4 - Nick Hein vs Jon Tuck

This should be a real fun fight. I remember when Tuck first signed with the UFC he was a guy everyone was hyping and at times has looked just like the fighter every one was bragging up and has looked sorts lackluster at times as well. Hein is a super talented dude who just doesn't fight that often. In a stacked division both guys could use a real definitive win to make a statement.
••••••••••••
5 - Kyoji Horiguchi vs Neil Seery

This a straight action fight right here. Seery is a real brawler and Horiguchi is a phenomenal striker who can catch guys from all sorts of crazy angles. This fight tremendously favors Horiguchi one would think. But Seery is the type of tough guy you just can't count out and is extremely hard to put away. Should be a real exciting bout.

Really hoping Tumenov adds to his highlight reel here, also hoping Arlovski can score an upset.

Overeem vs Andrei Arlovski
Struve vs Bigfoot
Nelson vs Tumenov
Krylov vs Barroso

just 4 for me, the rest I'm not so interested in particularly.

I'm looking forward to finishing this post by Sunday

I'm looking for this thread to die an ignoble death long before Sunday.

There's only one real right on the card... Seriously, did you just compare Alistair Overeem to John Tuck???

List looks good, pretty sure Hein is injured though. They're looking for a replacement for Tuck.

List looks good, pretty sure Hein is injured though. They're looking for a replacement for Tuck.
Dang looks like he is. See what I mean the dude never fights. I'm sure they'll get a European newcomer to replace him

Good. Tired of seeing 7th and 8th graders fighting.

YOU KNOW WHAT I WANT TO SEE IN THE OCTAGON? DON FRYE PUNCHING HIPPIES IN THE FACE! LOTS OF THEM! RIGHT IN THEIR DAMN HIPPIE FACES.

That's what I want to see.

Back