Boxer Amir Khan: I like my chances against McGregor

Actualized174

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Am...McGregor-or-Whoever-in-Future-MMA-Bout-104407

“You never know what will happen in the future -- I’d never say no to getting into MMA,” Khan told the Daily Star. “My speed would be perfect, it’s hit and move. And I can kick hard.

“I’ve already done MMA training. It’s good for preparing to fight a guy like Canelo who likes to put the pressure on.”

Khan already has a stake in the India-based MMA promotion Super Fight League, which has held 59 events since its inception in March 2012. Khan will face Alvarez at 160 pounds on Saturday, but it appears as though he would like to compete at 145 pounds in MMA, possibly against current UFC featherweight champ Conor McGregor.

“I’ve always been a UFC fan, and I like McGregor,” Khan said. “But if I was to fight the champion around 147 pounds I would fancy my chances. McGregor or whoever.”
Read more at http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Am...in-Future-MMA-Bout-104407#G3B0qDDXxLmkAHfV.99

Two whitebelts that'll stand and trade, let's do it

Honestly, Khan might do okay skillwise, but his chin can't handle mma. Smaller gloves mean less blocking potential and he doesn't exactly have a granite chin.

And he would get destroyed by any fighter with a smidge of ground game, conor included.

He would get destroyed on the ground. We've all seen Conor's abilities as a wrestler against Nate, he took him down as soon as he wanted to. 100% succesful in his takedown attempts.

Besides, according to Conor himself, Nate was "controlled and dominated" on the ground. Amir Khan better watch it against the best brown belt in the world.

P.S. On a more serious note though, here's something I agree with when I'm not making fun of Conor:
And he would get destroyed by any fighter with a smidge of ground game, conor included.

Amir Khan getting smashed & choked in a minute would shut boxing fans up for good. Make it happen!

he would be a bad matchup for Conor indeed
Lol, yeah right. He would make conor look like a world class wrestler and bjj champion.

Boxing and mma skills dont translate in either direction. The angles and footwork are completely different.

Honestly, Khan might do okay skillwise, but his chin can't handle mma. Smaller gloves mean less blocking potential and he doesn't exactly have a granite chin.

It's actually the opposite. Physics.

Bigger glover= more weight = harder hits.

Read my post again. I was talking about the defensive disadvantage mma gloves would have on him, not how hard the hits are.

If you can bridge and pull of an escape against an alpha male guillotine choke or cross guard sweep Nate Diaz and also take down and control Max Holloway with relative ease then it's not farfetched to say Conor McGregor could seatbelt suplex Amir Khan before back cranking him from an inverted mount position if he wanted.

Conor would crush his hips, pass his guard immediately, mount him and then strangle him like a Boa Constrictor

he has a better chance against Canelo

Boxing gloves are so big they have more chance of making your brain rattle around your head for 12 rounds, more likely to hit the sweet spot with MMA gloves.

Wouldn't last 2 minutes.

If Conor is a white belt then whatever is below white belt...Amir is lower than that.

He would never enter mma he is set to earn 13m against canelo he wouldnt earn that in mma

Let's not kid ourselves here.

Conor is more than capable of taking him down and obliterating him

Nice with using the McGregor name he will get hits and maybe some extra views

Back