Does Luke have an advantage?

BjPenn2016FW

delete this account
Banned
Reaction score
Many people are favoring Rockhold but where do you consider Rockhold better?

Is he the better striker? No
The better wrestler? No

He has better submissions? Is this his advantage?

Should we favor a healthy Weidman?

His striking is probably as good as Weidmans

Not a better striker? How isn't he? He's more diverse than Chris. His kicks are things of beauty. The wrestling is close but the edge probably goes to Chris. His sub game is also probably better as well & his top game is definitely better.

Size and cardio advantage.

Weidman seemed to struggle with the distance in their first fight. He's used to have the reach advantage and being able to dictate range, but being the smaller man against Rockhold seemed to throw him off.

There is no way he takes this fight to the ground without Weidman doing shit again.

I was only one of the few who was going with Rockhold for the first fight. Now I'm one of the few with Weidman.

He's stronger, has better cardio, is a more diverse striker and is a better grappler IMO.

Size and cardio advantage.

Weidman seemed to struggle with the distance in their first fight. He's used to have the reach advantage and being able to dictate range, but being the smaller man against Rockhold seemed to throw him off.
Also this.

Many people are favoring Rockhold but where do you consider Rockhold better?

Is he the better striker? No
The better wrestler? No

He has better submissions? Is this his advantage?

Should we favor a healthy Weidman?
He has a check hook and hell kicks that is it.
He is bigger than weidman.

Not a better striker? How isn't he? He's more diverse than Chris. His kicks are things of beauty. The wrestling is close but the edge probably goes to Chris. His sub game is also probably better as well & his top game is definitely better.
Besides his kicks he looks so stiff when he strikes. Diversity doesn't always mean better.

Luke has the Penicillin and Zithromax advantage!......Cheater!

He has one obvious advantage
methodgetsluke-rockhold-01-23-2015-10-50-4-462-769x1024.jpg

He is basically better everywhere except "maybe" wrestling.
That is somewhat negated by his sub threats should he find himself on the bottom.

He also seems way bigger than Chris as far as muscle mass and just plain "man strength".

I am a huge fan of Weidman and absolutely detest the sight of Douchehold....

That said, I was worried as hell Weidman would lose going into the first fight and even less confident going into the rematch... I just don't think Weidman has the cardio to handle Luke and will need an early finish to win this.

I hope he KTFOs Luke though.

Definitely a better striker. He also seems to have a speed advantage.

I don't know what was up with Weidman in that fight, or if we just learned something that we never noticed before...looks like he just kinda gave up.

So Rockhold either has a cardio advantage or a heart advantage or both.

Weidman has a wrestling advantage...but he did get mounted pretty easily...

Rockhold has a huge advantage as he doesn't train with jabroni's.

Seriously though, Rockhold seems to be at least as good a striker as Weidman and has a fantastic top-game. He's also very big which is a definite advantage against Weidman. I think his cardio is probably superior as well.

Lukes grappling is as good, if not better.

Luke has better game everywhere.
Someone_had_to_keep_the_ufc_ring_card_girls_hydrated_this_weekend_Luke_Rockhold_Instagram_Post_July_08_2014-65602.jpg

images

It's hard to say what the second fight will look like

Both were said to have issues going into the fight, Luke was sick I believe and Weidman was injured to some degree.

I picked Luke to Win the first time within 3 rounds because I have seen Chris slow down in a few fights, his cardio was suspect to me.

Luke is probably Chris toughest match-up because of his size, his striking, ground knowledge and control. Chris has some holes in his overall game and I think that Luke can just exploit them, I don't think it can be said the other way around.

I think the rematch will surprise everyone. Weidman broke his foot in two places weeks before the fight. He couldn't spar, push through cardio, or even wrestle properly yet he was winning up until the spinning kick. If Weidmans healthy, I think he wins.

Back