According to Ariel Helwani, the UFC might merge the mens 125 and 135 pound divisions together soon

13Seconds

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
On yesterdays MMA hour. It was very brief but apparently he heard it from a reliable rumor. He also said he wouldn't be suprised if they really go through with it.

Discuss.

I wish it was like it use to be with just 5 weight classes.

NotBad.gif

They should retire the division when MM is 1 win away from tying Andersons record.

It'd work if an strawweight division was included.

is 125 considered as a little boys division nowadays even thought it has ''p4p nr.1 fighter in the world''?

Fucking Ariel gonna get himself completely shut out by the UFC after this.

I'll be one of the few to disagree with this move.

Wonder if John Lineker and John Dodson moving up and dismantling the bantamweights had anything to do with this.

When you're throwing a TUF winner in against Mighty Mouse, the division is officially tapped dry.

I hope it is true.

The 125 division sucks aside from a handful of beasts.

I'll be one of the few to disagree with this move.

I would too. Most of the guys 5'5 and under are gonna be noticeably smaller than 135 and it will be clear they should be In a lower division

That would be a good move for fans, but I don't see how that's good for the UFC. They want as many guys with a ranking numbers or belts that they can get to get interest from casuals on the free tv shows.

Not the number 1, he looks good fighting bums.
Because Takeya Mizugaki is so much more skilled than Henry Cejudo...

And dont tell me Dodson wouldn't ktfo Faber. He already layed TJ out

Please do. Force them all to move up and get rid of the dead division. So many fresh interesting match-ups for MM at 135 lbs. Guys who can't hack it should get their walking papers. They don't cater to 5'3" guys in the NBA why should they do so in the UFC?

Back