Ronda is more popular than Conor according to ESPN study

John Wick

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
In the latest issue of ESPN The Magazine, the publication premiered “The Fame Index” that utilizes a formula that “combines athlete paychecks – salary and endorsements – with social media fan base and Google search popularity” to figure out who the top 50 famous athletes currently are.

In what might be a bit of a surprise, Rousey was tops amongst the combat sports practitioners at No. 21 and the second highest ranked woman behind Maria Sharapova (No. 17).

Mayweather wasn’t too far behind Rousey at No. 25

Just a hair behind Pacquiao is the UFC featherweight champion McGregor at No. 36

Top 10 ( if your curious)

1. Cristiana Ronaldo
2. Lebron James
3. Lionel Messi
4. Naymar
5. Roger Federer
6. Kevin Durant
7. Tiger Woods
8. Jamie Rodriguez
9. Rafael Nadal
10. Kobe Bryant

21. Ronda Rousey

25. Flloyd Mayweather

35. Manny Paquiao

36. Conor McGregor

CONCLUSION: Ronda is actually the face of the fight game. Then Floyd and Pacquiao. Conor is in 4th..

Source: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mma-c...land-on-espn-s--fame--list-232328077-mlb.html

Well... she's bigger.

giphy.gif

What a weird formula.

Why would they take things like pay and endorsements and then mix in Google searches and social media following? That just muddies the water and doesn't really tell anything.

Ronda is more popular than Floyd?? that's just crazy.

Was there a little down arrow next to both of their names?

Also, crazy that Jon Jones is probably the greatest fighter ever and basically undefeated, yet is nowhere to be seen. Just shows how badly he's fucked up his situation.

Casual name recognition maybe.

But she doesn't draw like Conor.

Take away Irish people and Conor is just another fighter.

This has to be some kind of BS global ranking, not NA only. Who the hell is Naymar and Jamie Rodriguez and how in the blue hell can they be above Kobe Bryant? Heck Naymar is even above Tiger Woods. My grandma knows who Tiger Woods is. I just asked 3 people and only one knew who Naymar is.

But if it's a world index, how the hell is Rousey above Mayweather? Nobody knows who Rousey is in many other parts o the world. Mayweather makes several hundred millions more than Ronaldo a year. This makes no sense.

Meh, not many people outside of Sherdog Google and masterbate to Connor pictures.

This has to be some kind of BS global ranking, not NA only. Who the hell is Naymar and Jamie Rodriguez and how in the blue hell can they be above Kobe Bryant? Heck Naymar is even above Tiger Woods. My grandma knows who Tiger Woods is. I just asked 3 people and only one knew who Naymar is.

Football my friend.

But if it's a world index, how the hell is Rousey above Mayweather? Nobody knows who Rousey is in many other parts o the world. Mayweather makes several hundred millions more than Ronaldo a year. This makes no sense.
Because soccer is a bigger sport than basketball.

RR seems to have some appeal to non-sports fans where McG is really doesn't.

Football my friend.

Tiger Woods and Kobe Bryant are transcendent global stars. Mayweather makes more money than the top 4 football players combined. Random Americans would have never heard of someone like Jamie Rodriguez, and I don't have to check to know he makes chump change compared to Mayweather.

The list makes no sense. The 25th ranked guy is by far the best paid athlete in the world? Well either the list is BS or every other athlete on the list is retarded compared to Mayweather when it comes to business.

Back