ONE FC scores partnership with Under Armour

Grenz

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
.....And the UFC partners with Reebok lol. I think it's pretty safe to say that ONE FC isn't in the same league as the UFC, yet they managed to score a way better partnership.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/On...-for-Upcoming-Events-in-Southeast-Asia-104371

What's the difference between Reebok and Under Armour?

People who train (and athletes in general) actually wear Under Armour stuff out of their own free will, whereas only people who fight professionally wear Reebok, because they're paid and forced to do so.

Details apparently haven't been disclosed yet, but I can't wait until Under Armour makes Reebok's kits look even shittier than they already are.

GSP vs Askren

Make it happen, Asian Dana.

With GSP as the face of Under Armour. It sounds like cash registers are about to ring.

That's a good pickup for OneFC, but let's not pretend to know the financials involved...

With GSP as the face of Under Armour. It sounds like cash registers are about to ring.

Good point. Under Armour is a WAY better fit for MMA than Reebok ever was or will be. This is an embarrassment for the UFC.

That's a good pickup for OneFC, but let's not pretend to know the financials involved...

Beat me to it. While the Reebok deal still sucks, we don't know the details yet.

Good point. Under Armour is a WAY better fit for MMA than Reebok ever was or will be. This is an embarrassment for the UFC.
Sounds like you care more about talking shit about the UFC more than you care about OneFCs new deal.

Sounds like you care more about talking shit about the UFC more than you care about OneFCs new deal.

Yes and no. I'm happy that more major sports apparel companies are getting into MMA. But I'm not going to lie, I also like the fact that this partnership makes the Reebok deal look even shittier, because it is shitty, and this is a good opportunity to bring that back up. Also, this is the heavies, so discussion needs to be based around the UFC, otherwise it belongs in contenders.

How many people even actually know GSP is 'the face' of Under Armour? His acting 'career' did not exactly blow up. He may be a big deal in MMA circles, but I think his overall mainstream popularity is extremely exaggerated here.

How many people even actually know GSP is 'the face' of Under Armour? His acting 'career' did not exactly blow up. He may be a big deal in MMA circles, but I think his overall mainstream popularity is extremely exaggerated here.

Not in Canada. I live in Montreal and he is probably more recognizable than every single player on the Habs (and Montreal loves their hockey team).

Hah...next Bellator is going to snag Nike as their sponsor. Good for One FC.

Yes and no. I'm happy that more major sports apparel companies are getting into MMA. But I'm not going to lie, I also like the fact that this partnership makes the Reebok deal look even shittier, because it is shitty, and this is a good opportunity to bring that back up. Also, this is the heavies, so discussion needs to be based around the UFC, otherwise it belongs in contenders.

How do you know this deal pays the fighters? You're assuming the fighters get a piece, but it wasn't announced in the article.

At the very least, the UFC is giving a certain percentage to the fighters (as low as that may be).

Not in Canada. I live in Montreal and he is probably more recognizable than every single player on the Habs (and Montreal loves their hockey team).

This statement is hilarious. You're going to tell me someone will recognize St. Pierre before they recognize P.K. Subban or Carey Price?

Back