TJ Dillashaw vs Jose Aldo

Chain Saw

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
How do you see this fight going?

I think Aldo is very similar to Barao in that he fights with his feet planted, and only attacks in a straight line. He hardly ever uses angles and is susceptible to being hit from fighters who employ them, like Chad did in the rematch or Conor did in their last fight.

I believe that TJ could pick Aldo apart and TKO him late like he did Barao, especially if he survives the first 2-3 rounds without getting clipped.

I like to think Aldo would beat his ass but TJ is pretty fast. Aldo chops him down for the unanimous decision.

mismatch...

Aldo is too big and strong for TJ... Would whoop dat ass...

Jose would shut that movement down with leg kicks and pick TJ apart until he major slows down in the championship rounds which TJ would probably take

I'd love to see that fight.
I believe TJ would stop him in the 5th round.

Jose would most likely be as fast as TJ. The size and strength would just be too overwhelming in Jose's favor. I think he probably walks around 175 lbs. Even if TJ has the speed advantage he's going to get hit with some nasty chops to the legs and body. Even if checked I feel they would start to really wear on him as the power going up to fight the top sharks in a higher weight class can truly be just too much.

I see Jose winning the fight by his checked strikes accumulating and slowing TJ down for a middle round tko, Jose winning via knockout by a big shot that TJ can't handle like Dodson did, or a decision after just battering TJ all fight.

I don't see a way TJ can win because he would have to be on his bike the whole fight and literally not get his at all.

Aldo all day. There are still weight classes for a reason.

I think TJ gets more praise than he deserves, he was in the right place at the right time and has been kind of lucky imho

Barao and Aldo certainly have similarities with their striking but the big difference between the two is fight IQ. Aldo uses faints and establishes range and center line better with his jab. And because TJ's stand up is centered on shifting his stance to create angles he's more vulnerable to leg kicks than most fighters. I think Aldo would beat him by UD.

I think Snake can finish Weasel.

Demetrious Johnson Vs TJ for me

That would be sooo good.

If anything, Aldo should be fighting at 155, and Dillashaw at 125.

I think Aldo is very similar to Barao in that he fights with his feet planted, and only attacks in a straight line. He hardly ever uses angles and is susceptible to being hit from fighters who employ them, like Chad did in the rematch or Conor did in their last fight.

I believe that TJ could pick Aldo apart and TKO him late like he did Barao, especially if he survives the first 2-3 rounds without getting clipped.
I think your analysis of Aldo is way off. When you say he's "flat-footed" and doesn't use angles, I think you are referring to the pattern he falls into midway through his fights.

He has become very economical and less aggressive in the past few years. But he still have some of the fastest foot speed, hand speed and creative striking in the game.

Him and Barao are actually very different, and the speed differential between them is far apart.

Aldo beats TJ IMO. And he may hurt him along the way.

TJ via Snake in the Grass

Aldo deserves respect for what he's done. But dare I say his striking is a tad overrated? He had a razor close striking affair with Mendes who is not exactly the most technical, elusive, or complex striker.

TJ is on another level than Mendes, albeit smaller too.

Aldo by whatever he wants, and when he wants. I also think if they fought at 145, Barao would beat Tj as well. That weight cut was brutal for Barao. He is basically the same size as Aldo.

Back