Overeem VS Arlovski: Fightnight corner issue???

arridude

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
UFC-Fight-Night-Overeem-vs-Arlovski.jpg

Yesterday on MMA hour hosted by Ariel Helwani i heard about this kind of weird situation that will going on on both fighters corner on sunday night in Rotterdam.

Infact looks like that Jackson, the man to praise to be able to made both Overeem and Arlovski career reborn, will stay by the belurusian corner.

Consider that this fight is VERY important and that will probably determine the new HW contender what i wonder is:
-If Arlovski win, will Overeem feel confortable like before training with Jackson?
-It's something like this already happened before?
-Could this situation give a strategic advantage to Arlovski? All of us knows how good Master Jackson is strategically speaking. Plus, He knows both fighters weaknesses very good.
-Do Overeem and Arlovski sparred before on daily basis in order to help each others to prepare a fight?

Overeem has found a better gym near by with more like minded people. He'll be just fine.

images

Whatever happens, happens. Im sure it'll be water under the bridge either way, Overeem seems to have grown up a bit over the last couple years.

Overeem has found a better gym near by with more like minded people. He'll be just fine.

images

Yeh ok, but both fighters are back running for a possible title shot thanks to a pretty good contribution of Jackson gym.
Do am i wrong?

If you ask an SJW this decision makes Greg Jackson a racist.

Yeh ok, but both fighters are back running for a possible title shot thanks to a pretty good contribution of Jackson gym.
Do am i wrong?

images

And yes, you do do wrong as I am too brooo

If anything Overeem will probably have Brandon Gibson on his corner, and he has been the most important coach on his re-invention.
And he has been important in Andrei's comeback too, as much as I like Wink, he has been responsible for the evolution of striking in Jackson's lately.

Reem is a professional. The whole not fighting teammates thing is not really an issue where he comes from. The kicboxing/mma scene in Holland is small but competitive, teammates fighting each other is common practice. So I am sure if it's up to him he'll be back with Jackson Wink after he beats Arlovski.

Back