BJ Penn

Boomb

Hate the game, not the player.
@red
Reaction score
Did he ever explain the "game plan" and/or the "tippy toes" stance against Edgar?

Can someone post a link if he did? Thank you.

In before gifs and bashing.

He said that some local trainer in hawaii told him that he generated more power that way, but then it came out that BJ basically didn't train at all for that fight.

Why does it need any explaining?
It makes perfect sense

TonyCPA always posts that it was because BJ said he got tired bending his knees, but I don't know the validity of his claims

edit:

"I wanted him bending his knees. It's called sitting down on your punch in boxing, and that way you can use your legs to help with your head movement, help with your footwork, help with all this stuff. He just says he doesn't like that style anymore because it made him too tired. So at the end of the day, what can I do? He's my friend and I've got to support him. I always have and I always will."
http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/7/8...in-a-million-years-would-i-have-developed-b-j

The Dolce diet really screwed up his balance and efficiency.

HotAgreeableAmurratsnake.gif

He said that some local trainer in hawaii told him that he generated more power that way, but then it came out that BJ basically didn't train at all for that fight.

There's also the theory he was inviting a takedown and worked really hard on his bottom game.

giphy.gif

First I've heard of that one.

Yeah, I've heard it every now and then, but people mostly think it was what you said. And apparently him "bending his knees and sitting down on his punches" made him too tired, too quickly.

Yeah, I've heard it every now and then, but people mostly think it was what you said. And apparently him "bending his knees and sitting down on his punches" made him too tired, too quickly.

I just think he didn't give a shit and didn't train.

He trained with Frank Trigg, and adopted his nickname to his fighting his new fighting style

What's the point of this thread...
Nothin......
/thread

He wanted Frankie to feel really short

No, but when it's fight week, I'm sure some reporter will ask him.

What's the point of this thread...
Nothin......
/thread
Well The OP wanted to know about the very strange fighting style BJ Penn adopted when he fought Frankie Edger for the second time.
Source - OP

Fuck, now you've got me rewatching this fight. Sigh.

As Parillo pointed out in the article linked above, this shit never made any sense from the start. Edgar was either #2 or #3 in the world at 145 at the time and had two* previous wins over BJ. BJ was retired and returning to a new weight class, and instead of having him take on a couple of top 15-20 guys to see if he could compete/deal with the new weight, they throw him in there with Edgar. Fortunately in the present day they're giving him a guy who is a more realistic test for him in Dennis Siver.

Didn't want to bend knees so he doesn't get tired? WHAT?! Does he even planet earth?
If BJ said and thinks that kind of shit he is seriously demented. I hope it's not true.

Back