Compare Rousey and Tate's Camps - Early Signs of Another Humiliating Loss for Rousey

lena

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Let's assume Meisha is going to meet Ronda in New York as planned.

Meisha's Camp - Xtreme Couture

From left: Robert Follis, Ray Sefo, Joel Casamayor

Meisha trains at Xtreme Couture, which has been revitalized in recent years. For striking, they've got freaking Joel Casamayor, Olympic gold medalist and one of the best lightweight boxers in modern history, and Ray Sefo, K-1 Grand Prix kickboxing legend.

As head coach, they've got the BJJ black belt Robert Follis, former head coach of Team Quest, which of course produced champs like Couture and Henderson, and contenders like Lindland and Sonnen.

Ronda's Camp - Glendale Fighting Club

As for Ronda....*sigh* ...well she's got Mr. "beautiful work, champ" Edmond.

This goofy video should tell you all about the quality of Ronda's training.

More than 5 years with Edmond, and Ronda still doesn't know how to turn her hips into a cross, looks clumsy and unbalanced when throwing simple combinations.

Ronda is a world class athlete, as her Olympic bronze attests. Everyone praises her work ethic in the gym. If after more than half a decade training striking, Ronda still looks like shit even on the most basic boxing beginner's combination (jab-cross-left hook), the problem can't be Ronda. the problem has to be her coach.

Let me leave you with this classic gif of Edmond nodding approvingly while Ronda hits the pads with no head movement, her chin stuck out as an easy target, and her feet spread too far apart for power or mobility. Check out Edmond deliberately missing the hook so that Ronda never learns how to avoid it.
tumblr_ne2kvzBph61ry1rm7o1_250.gif

p.s. i know Ronda has good grappling coaches, but it's not grappling training that she so desperately needs.

Last edited:

Meisha trains at Xtreme Couture, which has been revitalized in recent years. For striking, they've got freaking Joel Casamayor, Olympic gold medalist and one of the best lightweight boxers in modern history, and Ray Sefo, K-1 Grand Prix kickboxing legend.

As head coach, they've got the BJJ black belt Robert Follis, former head coach of Team Quest, which of course produced champs like Couture and Henderson, and contenders like Lindland and Sonnen.

More than 5 years with Edmond, and Ronda still doesn't know how to turn her hips into a cross, looks clumsy and unbalanced when throwing simple combinations.

Let me leave you with this classic gif of Edmond nodding approvingly while Ronda hits the pads with no head movement and her chin stuck out as an easy target. Check out Edmond deliberately missing the hook so tha Ronda never learns how to avoid it.

p.s. i know Ronda has good grappling coaches, but it's not grappling training that she so desperately needs.

I hear she KO's boxing legends behind closed doors.

Let me leave you with this classic gif of Edmond nodding approvingly while Ronda hits the pads with no head movement and her chin stuck out as an easy target. Check out Edmond deliberately missing the hook so tha Ronda never learns how to avoid it.

I'm favoring Miesha in a rematch.

I still think Dolce is a bigger reason for Ronda's loss than Edmond.

I think it's too late for Rhonda...

She won't dump the "yes" people she has around her.

LOL at the edmond gif.

Creepy fcuker & horrible coach.

Ronda by arm bar.

Two things to do against Rousey.

1. Counter Punch & move. Is not a skill of Miesha.
2. Overpower her in the clinch. Don't think Miesha has that kind of strength.

Main arsenal of Tate which is wrestling will get nullified against Rousey ,as clearly Rousey has better ground game than her. Style makes fight & IMO even after that humiliating loss to Holm, Rousey beats Tate every time they face each other.

Well with all her negative attributes one thing you cant knock her about is her loyalty.

Main arsenal of Tate which is wrestling will get nullified against Rousey ,as clearly Rousey has better ground game than her. Style makes fight & IMO even after that humiliating loss to Holm, Rousey beats Tate every time they face each other.

I really hope Miesha figures that out. Judo is at its more effective when using your opponents power against them. If your opponents refuse to clinch and come forward is hard to throw them.

Styles makes fights. This should be another rousey finish.

Meisha isn't going to humiliate Ronda at anything fighting related.

In their second fight, Meisha was doing well on the feet against Rousey. Meisha's horrible fight IQ just led to her abandoning the stand-up and giving Rousey the clinch every time.

The Meisha -Holm fight shows that Meisha has improved on the feet, and improved her fight IQ. She didn't rush wildly into the exchnages, as was her past style. I credit Meisha's world-class camp for these improvements.

Rousey on the other hand has stayed with her garbage "coach", so I expect her standup has further deteriorated.

I'd favour Rousey.

There really isn't anything I've seen from Tate that would change that.

In their second fight, Meisha was doing well on the feet against Rousey. Meisha's horrible fight IQ just led to her abandoning the stand-up and giving Rousey the clinch every time.

The Meisha -Holm fight shows that Meisha has improved on the feet, and improved her fight IQ. She didn't rush wildly into the exchnages, as was her past style. I credit Meisha's world-class camp for these improvements.

Rousey on the other hand has stayed with her garbage "coach", so I expect her standup has further deteriorated.

The problem is, I don't think Miesha has ever avoided the clinch, and I certainly don't think she can for five rounds. Her last KO was 2009, her last TKO earlier that year. Against Holm she did better than Rousey on the feet, but she never had Holly in any kind of trouble as a result of striking, it was all grappling.

She'd basically need to abandon what she's most comfortable with (grappling) in favour of something she's never been good at. The only way I can see Miesha winning is by avoiding the clinch for 5-rounds and moving, but I don't think she has the hands/footwork to do that.

I could be wrong, but unless Rousey says she has amnesia from the headkick and has forgotten all of her Judo or is completely gun shy, I'm pretty confident Ronda takes it.

Last edited:
If they fight again, I expect Tate to be even more confident in her hands, thanks to training with Joel Casamyor and Ray Sefo, and to deny and punish the clinch with more discipline.

I expect Ronda's shit striking to look even worse thanks to Sifu Edmond. Add her seeming mental weakness following the crushing defeat from Holm (e.g. hiding behind a pillow), and you have the recipe for disaster.

Let's assume Meisha is going to meet Ronda in New York as planned.

Ronda is a world class athlete, as her Olympic bronze attests. Everyone praises her work ethic in the gym. If after more than half a decade training striking, Ronda still looks like shit even on the most basic boxing beginner's combination (jab-cross-left hook), the problem can't be Ronda. the problem has to be her coach.

Let me leave you with this classic gif of Edmond nodding approvingly while Ronda hits the pads with no head movement, her chin stuck out as an easy target, and her feet spread too far apart for power or mobility. Check out Edmond deliberately missing the hook so that Ronda never learns how to avoid it.

Yet, last time they fought Ronda beat the brakes off of Meisha standing up.

Back