UFC fighters need to ...

1mmaobserver

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Unionize. I miss the days of each fighter having their own individual sponsorships, all fighters making what they are worth, and some making big $$$. I miss Full Tilt sponsors. It really is fucked up that the UFC got 'extra' greedy and decided to buyout the fighters ability to promote themselves. Imagine if Nascar was all Reebok cars. I mean, Nascar isn't for me, but if every car had Reebok on it. That would suck.
The fighters need to unionize, boycott ppvs, figth nights, Tuf, etc, and demand these rights to promote themselves, and seek their own, individual and some shared sponsors. Amen.

Unions will destroy the UFC and possibly all of MMA.

If a fighter does not like the contract details then the fighter should negotiate a better one or sign with another org.

In the long run, it'll make a market for more money to be spent on starting new orgs because you can fill them with good fighters.

i guess this is one of the downfalls of european MMA... fucking commies just dont get it

images

People were bitching about pay before there ever was Reebok deal. There isn't a set number of guys the UFC has to have on the roster, so a union, in addition to taking a chunk of their money, would price a lot of the lower guys out of a job and leave them in the local shows longer fighting for even less.

The sooner a Fighters Union is established the better.

Only Zuffa wannabe executives would think otherwise.

Fighters are not 2nd class citizens.

The sooner a Fighters Union is established the better.

Only Zuffa wannabe executives would think otherwise.

Fighters are not 2nd class citizens.

Unionize. I miss the days of each fighter having their own individual sponsorships, all fighters making what they are worth, and some making big $$$. I miss Full Tilt sponsors. It really is fucked up that the UFC got 'extra' greedy and decided to buyout the fighters ability to promote themselves. Imagine if Nascar was all Reebok cars. I mean, Nascar isn't for me, but if every car had Reebok on it. That would suck.
The fighters need to unionize, boycott ppvs, figth nights, Tuf, etc, and demand these rights to promote themselves, and seek their own, individual and some shared sponsors. Amen.

It wouldn't do any good. Independent contractors are ineligible to be represented by a union. It would essentially just be an mma themed Elks Club.

They need to stay healthy fight in shorter notice and always want the title

They don't necessarily need a union. But they do need someone or something to represent them. The fact that the UFC can just implement a new uniform and drug testing policy with no input from fighters and without voiding contracts seems like a problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back