Finally got a chance to watch Jones/OSP.....

KORMAN

DC - Khabib - Dominator
@red
Reaction score
and fuckin ay, the oblique kicks were a bit excessive by Jones, wouldn't ya say? Don't get me wrong, they're completely legal, and I actually think they're a good tool use when trying to confuse your opponent, but my god he was spamming those like a mad man.

Seirosuly, is that the only thing you know how to use, Jon?

Not even Conor uses them that much.

We needed another thread on this.

They are to kicks what jabs are to punches. Keep opponent off balance and at the distance you want, why wouldn't a fighter use them if the are effective?

bonesfinishesrampage.gif

and fuckin ay, the oblique kicks were a bit excessive by Jones, wouldn't ya say? Don't get me wrong, they're completely legal, and I actually think they're a good tool use when trying to confuse your opponent, but my god he was spamming those like a mad man.

Seirosuly, is that the only thing you know how to use, Jon?

Not even Conor uses them that much.

Haven't had a chance to watch it yet, but I will start another thread when I do.

Could care less that he beat Page. Unlike most of Sherdog, I'm a fan of what a fighters done throughout their career, and don't write them off, and forget about them as soon as they lose.

P.S. A prime Page would've made a better account for himself, although he'd still lose.

They are to kicks what jabs are to punches. Keep opponent off balance and at the distance you want, why wouldn't a fighter use them if the are effective?

lol, not even close. A jab doesn't have the ability to end a fighters career with the wrong placement. Obviously, any freak thing can happen, and a jab can bust an orbital or something, but an oblique kick, if placed wrong, and aimed directly at the knee can easily hyper extend, or tear some ligaments.

Haven't had a chance to watch it yet, but I will start another thread when I do.
As long as you contribute something that took some actual thought them who cares threads are redone all the time.

I agree they were a bit excessive and I wanted to see a lot more out of Jones and I think he also expected a lot more out of himself.

Chance to permanently disable a fighter......don't get me wrong, I'm no bleeding heart. I just want them to be healthy so I can see them beat/get beat someone senseless faster.

Besides, Jones has eyepokes for jabs anyway.

LOL..."finally got a chance"

Fuckouttahere

LMAO, I swear, I just googled "jones vs. OSP fight video", and JUST watched it right now. Hell, I'm barely into the 3rd round as we speak.

I was sick as a dog for the UFC 197, and slept the whole day. Then after all the talk about it being a snoozefest, didn't make it a top priority to watch the fight, and before I knew it, I haven't watched the fight until literally just now.

Call me a liar if you will. I am still your daddy. Oh, didn't expect that, huh?

As long as you contribute something that took some actual thought them who cares threads are redone all the time.

I agree they were a bit excessive and I wanted to see a lot more out of Jones and I think he also expected a lot more out of himself.

Exactly. If you didn't want to read this, you really didn't have to. I was begging for replies lmao.

It is a fight? What do you want?

lol, not even close. A jab doesn't have the ability to end a fighters career with the wrong placement. Obviously, any freak thing can happen, and a jab can bust an orbital or something, but an oblique kick, if placed wrong, and aimed directly at the knee can easily hyper extend, or tear some ligaments.
It is a combat sport, don't you think the object is to inflict damage to an opponent? When a fighter gets brutally KO'd they then become far more susceptible to repeated knockouts and brain damage(Chuck Liddell).

Back