Is Silva vs. Griffin the greatest display of striking skills in MMA?

CereserBr

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Can anyone top Andersons Performance? Everything, the movement, the placement, the angles, the feints, the taunting also, everything was just flawless. Forrest never really saw it coming.

I think one performance that comes close is Crocop versus Wand 2... Crocop really owned that OWGP 2006... And head kicked one more foe into bolivian.

More recently we had Holm vs. Rousey, that was amazing also. If you guys remember more, plz share in this thread.

Machida looked really good against moussasi. The way Barboza dismantled Pettis and the way RDA dismantled Cowboy were all brutal too

Fedor vs sylvia for me. Also Fedor vs goodridge

The three you mentioned are definitely up there. Silva vs Leben is definitely up there. I don't think Anderson missed a strike. Leben said he saw triple after that knee.

Leben saying he was going to send Silva back to Japan and then getting hit 100% of the time is definitely up there

Might be Wonderboy vs. Hendricks. Obviously Johny was at a serious reach disadvantage to begin with, but Thompson really fucked him up skill vs. skill.

Yes

people want to downplay this fight and performance.

Fact of the matter is Silva made a professional fighter ranked in the top 10 a weight class above his own, look like a sherdogger in the octagon.

Lmfao @ Fedor/Sylvia
Sylvia was a very good stand-up fighter, with a huge reach advantage, didn't land a single punch, and was dropped by a series of punches in under a minute. If that's not impressive, then I don't know what is.

Might be Wonderboy vs. Hendricks. Obviously Johny was at a serious reach disadvantage to begin with, but Thompson really fucked him up skill vs. skill.
This is a very good recent one.

Beat me to it, Wonderboy made him look lost out there.

I think so.

Yes
Another great one was Machida vs Rashad.

Sylvia was a very good stand-up fighter, with a huge reach advantage, didn't land a single punch, and was dropped by a series of punches in under a minute. If that's not impressive, then I don't know what is.

It was impressive. Sylvia was always a legit HW until that Ray Mercer shit. It's just a really weird option for "Greatest display of all time"

Greatest display of a slow sloppy puncher vs an agile counter puncher. Taking nothing away from Forrest he did the best he could.

Aldo's first two rounds against Edgar.

Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: Only because Forest was tailor made to get wrecked by Anderson and actually played right into Anderson's hands.

What Barboza did the other night to Pettis was more impressive, it just didn't look nearly as spectacular. Pettis was the looser fighter, the more mobile fighter, was moving in and out, feinting, creating angles, etc, and yet every single time time he got in striking range Barboza popped him. It was amazing to watch. But I watched with a group of guys and I was the only one amazed.

I watched Silva v Forest with a group of guys and the whole lot of them were straight up giddy.

Shogun vs Machido

Shogun vs Liddell

Back